Status
Not open for further replies.

7BitBrian

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2016
YouTube
Hello,

So today I was doing some research around my videos and how they appear via youtube searches and I noticed something worrying. When I look at my youtube dashboard it will show a certain number of views but when I find the same video via the youtube search function it shows a lower number of views on the video. My new videos(posted in the last hour), which dont have a lot of views but have some will show as no views at all!

Now I know this isn't to terribly important, especially when you're as new and small as I am, but it's something that caught my eye and made me wonder why. Does anyone know why this happens or what causes it?

7BitBrian

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2016
YouTube
But the views show on youtube in other areas, the only place they don't show is on the search results. For example when I view a video in my Dashboard it shows views, when I views the video on my channel it shows views, when I view the video in the search results it shows "no views" which makes no sense to me.

I'm adding links to two screenshots to show you what I mean.
http://imgur.com/R9Lh9E5
http://imgur.com/bKarrjJ
These were both taken at the same time yet the video shows 28 views when you view it anywhere but search results, and "no views" in the search results.

Upvote 0

stevicity

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
Great Britain
citrus.xyz
YouTube
Don't worry about it, YouTube searches take ages to update. Imagine the server power needed to update the view count on every search all the time. They just update it infrequently instead. Saves them a bit of a dollar.

Upvote 0

7BitBrian

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2016
YouTube
That makes sense, thanks for replying. Wanted to make sure it wasn't something wrong on my end or something I can affect. Again; thank you.

Reactions: stevicity
Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Seems like this Support issue has been resolved, now asking a member of staff to set this to "Solved"

As mentioned in brief:
  • YouTube updates when the views happen on your channel
  • YouTube has delayed updates for views outside of your channel (search results)
  • This will not affect you in any means, this is on YouTube's side and all legitimate views are counted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.