Life SHOUT OUT SERIES ARE SCAMS!!

Dunkin4donuts

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
I've been getting a lot of comments lately from people asking me to join their shout out series, and I have noticed something similar in all them... they are mostly a scam attempt to get more subscribers. Be careful of who you subscribe to. Most people are trying to take advantage of you.

Here's a more in dept video:

Reactions: TheAimGames

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I've been getting a lot of comments lately from people asking me to join their shout out series, and I have noticed something similar in all them... they are mostly a scam attempt to get more subscribers. Be careful of who you subscribe to. Most people are trying to take advantage of you.

Here's a more in dept video:
Yup. Very poignant point.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
This video is on point! With the recent shout-outs requirements being you have to subscribe to the channel, be active on the channel, follow their social medias and what-not, people who host these "shout-outs" have more intention to gain from the series rather than helping people out.

Shout-outs are meant to help expose a channel to your audience, telling them why they should go check the channel out. Not to mention, your intention for doing it is to help others and not gain anything from it. So a simple requirement like "Comment down below on why do you want a shout-out" should be enough!

MisterUltimate

Freedom! Member
Great video and good advice for someone that's looking to get shout-outs.

Personally, I'm not big on getting shout-outs from people that do it as a series in general. When it's done kind of arbitrarily, I wonder if the person giving the shout out actually likes the content or knows anything about it, and I never feel motivated to check out the content. However, that's just my opinion.

Sometimes I get a random shout out from people that have watched my videos, whether they do them as a series or not, and that's cool because usually they can tell their audience a little about me and why they should give me a view. Those kinds of shout-outs mean a lot to me, and the subscribers I get from them tend to be very active.

Dunkin4donuts

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
Thank you all for understanding! It's great that i'm not the only one. I see big youtubers with 5k subs doing this so I thought i might get some hate for it.

Reactions: MisterUltimate