SMITE News: S3 Updates

KentMarionVG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2014
Philippines
YouTube
kentmarion_vg
Hi guys! Marion here and to all the Smite players out there, I'm here to bring you news on what's to come this Season 3.

These are the things that I've gathered for this coming S3.
Everything here may be subject for change.

1. NEW PANTHEON:
We already know about the NEW Pantheon that will enter the battlefield. Japanese Pantheon is coming this patch (January 12, 2015)
Amaterasu is the 1st God to Join the roster. Followed by either Raijin or Susanoo.

2. JOUST MAP:
We've been teased for the new Chinese themed Joust Map last year. Joust Rank will be added, this will be a 3v3 Joust which with the same pick and ban system that we have in 5v5 CQ League.

3. CONQUEST MAP:
The speed buff will be replaced by a fire buff (or something like that), that boosts your Attack and Movement Speed + it will add Fire damage (not sure about the Fire/Burn dmg)

There might be some update with the current CQ map layout as well, possibly focusing in the middle lane and the NEW speed buff.

4. ITEMS and Trinkets:
Major balances with the ITEMS. Some item Cooldowns will be changed though the items to be changed are not yet disclosed.

In addition, there will be Trinket items, that will replace the the current Active Items, but they say it will be for FREE for the first one and a second one for a cost.

5. DAILY REWARDS:
The daily reward will be changed to Daily Quest style (very similar to Heroes of the Storm) where a player is asked to use a specific role for a certain amount of time in a day.
The rewards will be in GEMS!

6. LEAGUES and RANKINGS:
The old master league system will be replaced by "grandmaster" system.
You will also have to keep playing/work your ass off and stay within top 100 to maintain your rank as the position constantly shifts.

Let me know if I have missed some changes from the list. Thanks! :)