So do you like Concept Art & Video Games?! Well...

Jdo

Rising User
Aug 6, 2016
UK
www.facebook.com
YouTube
I'm currently studying Graphic design & Illustration and aspire to be a Concept Artist for the video game industry. My aim with the channel is not only to provide gameplay on my favourite games but also walk people through what a game goes through in its concept stage and how that envokes the spirit of a game to come to life.

If any of that sounds up your street then please give me a look up over on YouTube & or Facebook;

Searching Jdo on YouTube. & @jdoplays on Facebook!

Any and all criticism are taken into account to help my channel as best it can so DO NOT BE HESITANT!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I like to check some concept art from a certain game and am always interested in how they build certain things.

But there is one rather small problem, you say to walk trough a game in its concept art, i can only imagine this with smaller games but the Triple AAA titles we all like to play isn't gonna happen wich leaves the question what is that you can offer then?

Youtube itself is full of video's where devolpers let you take a inside look...

Jdo

Rising User
Aug 6, 2016
UK
www.facebook.com
YouTube
I like to check some concept art from a certain game and am always interested in how they build certain things.

But there is one rather small problem, you say to walk trough a game in its concept art, i can only imagine this with smaller games but the Triple AAA titles we all like to play isn't gonna happen wich leaves the question what is that you can offer then?

Youtube itself is full of video's where devolpers let you take a inside look...

Hey Twighlight thanks for the reply.

In terms of me uploading my Conceptual Art! It will be within what ever I'm learning at that specific stage through my Illustration course!

I will mainly apply it to what ever game I'm playing on the channel I shall upload my own piece of concept art relating to that game to give you guys an idea what may have being going through artists head while the game was in concept stage!

I have plenty more plans for my channel too I'm just currently fleshing it all out and seeing what will and wont work :)!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey Twighlight thanks for the reply.

In terms of me uploading my Conceptual Art! It will be within what ever I'm learning at that specific stage through my Illustration course!

I will mainly apply it to what ever game I'm playing on the channel I shall upload my own piece of concept art relating to that game to give you guys an idea what may have being going through artists head while the game was in concept stage!

I have plenty more plans for my channel too I'm just currently fleshing it all out and seeing what will and wont work :)!
Now that brings a different point of view on the situation. Basic you want give the viewer a insight of how you think it would have been in the concept stage making it a own version and therefor your personal twist wich could work out very wel :)

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing your videos about Concept Art. I'm a Game Developer, and I haven't seen many people on the forums who work in the Video Game Industry, so it's good to see someone else from the industry here. I post Game Development Tutorials and recently started posting Development Vlogs to show people the development process of a game I'm working on.

Jdo

Rising User
Aug 6, 2016
UK
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing your videos about Concept Art. I'm a Game Developer, and I haven't seen many people on the forums who work in the Video Game Industry, so it's good to see someone else from the industry here. I post Game Development Tutorials and recently started posting Development Vlogs to show people the development process of a game I'm working on.

Hey man!! Thanks so much! I'm just working on everything at the minute to figure out which format would be best to bring to the table and I believe I will go with which ever Lets play, or walkthrough or gameplay I'm doing at the time etc! I'll do my own spin on what I thought was going through that specific games concept design to bring people the understanding on how a game goes from conceptual design to an actual playable and interactive rendered world.

:) Its just taking me longer than expected at the moment because Its a lot of prep work at the moment

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
If you ever get a chance to play Hellblade, the developers made a series called Hellblade Development Diaries. You can check that out. They went over various aspects likes Concept Art, Animation, Level Design, Motion Capture, Game Mechanics, and more.