So...Freedom! huh?

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
I've been with Freedom! for a little under a year now. I was once a moderator, High contribution to trying to help smaller channels grow by offering critiques and the like, questions answered and different points of view that the "average" YouTuber would offer.

When I first started I had about 20 subs, Now at about 304, I get on average about 7-8k views a month according to heartbeat. Now as a small channel that is a huge increase... A lot of people here would kill for that amount of subs/views. So I may speak for most when stating that I've made quite a leap. If you were to watch my first video to my latest you'd see a change in production, quality, and overall presence. Yet when submitting a request to increase my share this is what happened...

Here you'll see what is needed to increase your revenue share... pretty simple right? It used to be much more in depth and you weren't assuming you qualified just like you have to now.

I'd like to highlight when this was modified, not posted but modified, this was in 2014, where are they? How long have these been in beta? I won't dog this because this horse is dead, its been beaten to death.

I hope you can read this but this was the reply from the support team the following morning... this morning. If you can't click on it and it will expand so you can read it.

What qualifications must i acquire to be able to fall into the increase of revenue share!? Where can I find this information?

I've dumped a lot of work into my channel and I have numerous offers from other MCM's all stating they will start me at 90% shares... I've stuck with Freedom! But I believe I've been here long enough... Constant forums going down, no definite answers on when chat will be back or freedom points will finally be put in, and to put it bluntly the worst customer service I've ever had from the support team, granted 40% of my earnings are help pay them. (Assuming if they aren't volunteers)

I'm going to un-link from Freedom! today. I will cherish those of you that have helped out and tried to make this partner something to call home or a place for individuals like us to thrive and share ideas, help each other, but I simply cannot go on.

I'm not only quitting because of whats transpired here, I'm quitting because I do not utilize anything Freedom! offers. I don't use the music, feature designers, I just like getting paid every month. But in all honesty that shouldn't be the reason you stay. And what is it that Freedom offers me besides this to account for 40% of my earnings? In my eyes nothing. Because usually you have to pay for feature designers work anyways so where is that money going!? I'm done ranting, I hope some of you will question partnerships. And even if this will be taken down. I still wanted it to get out there.

Thanks for the run guys it's been fun.

TL: DR - I'm quitting Freedom! Find out why above... so you still need to read lol.

Maverickgreen10

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 24, 2014
Ohio, US
YouTube
Freedom! Is community heavy. That's the thing. So without a community There is not too much to do here. I've honestly stopped commenting on these forums cause 9.9 times out of 10 I don't get feedback from people on here. Like I enjoy getting feedback even if it's bad but if there is no community then there is nothing really here. I'm going to stay here tho wait for something that freedom does that really helps the channels under 500. The community was great last year when I joined ask a question get advice. Now it feels like ask a question and feel like you are on my space right now. I know that freedom and other networks are going to help the big channels for money. But there really isn't anything for people under 500. Most sponsors on here are for bigger channels with big numbers. I don't even see a United community anymore. More like houses that are couple miles apart.from each other.

Freedom all I ask are for these 3 things.

Sponsors for really small channels

A way to have an active community where it does not feel pointless to come on here.

And a way to feel like you are happy to have us here. You have some cool people like Anthony Smith
and the guy on impulse I believe his name is Mike. Those two actually feel like they are great. Not saying that the admins and moderators on here suck they are cool too. I just want to feel appreciated for trying to make people happy and entertain them.

No I don't care.bout the money cause I have not even set up a way to get my money in the full year I have been here.

Reactions: Snaggle Teef

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Freedom! Is community heavy. That's the thing. So without a community There is not too much to do here. I've honestly stopped commenting on these forums cause 9.9 times out of 10 I don't get feedback from people on here. Like I enjoy getting feedback even if it's bad but if there is no community then there is nothing really here. I'm going to stay here tho wait for something that freedom does that really helps the channels under 500. The community was great last year when I joined ask a question get advice. Now it feels like ask a question and feel like you are on my space right now. I know that freedom and other networks are going to help the big channels for money. But there really isn't anything for people under 500. Most sponsors on here are for bigger channels with big numbers. I don't even see a United community anymore. More like houses that are couple miles apart.from each other.

Freedom all I ask are for these 3 things.

Sponsors for really small channels

A way to have an active community where it does not feel pointless to come on here.

And a way to feel like you are happy to have us here. You have some cool people like Anthony Smith
and the guy on impulse I believe his name is Mike. Those two actually feel like they are great. Not saying that the admins and moderators on here suck they are cool too. I just want to feel appreciated for trying to make people happy and entertain them.

No I don't care.bout the money cause I have not even set up a way to get my money in the full year I have been here.

I'm just glad that i'm not huge and losing out on thousands of dollars. So hopefully in a month my channel doesn't explode. lol But i totally agree with you!

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
I've been with Freedom! for a little under a year now. I was once a moderator, High contribution to trying to help smaller channels grow by offering critiques and the like, questions answered and different points of view that the "average" YouTuber would offer.

When I first started I had about 20 subs, Now at about 304, I get on average about 7-8k views a month according to heartbeat. Now as a small channel that is a huge increase... A lot of people here would kill for that amount of subs/views. So I may speak for most when stating that I've made quite a leap. If you were to watch my first video to my latest you'd see a change in production, quality, and overall presence. Yet when submitting a request to increase my share this is what happened...

Here you'll see what is needed to increase your revenue share... pretty simple right? It used to be much more in depth and you weren't assuming you qualified just like you have to now.

I'd like to highlight when this was modified, not posted but modified, this was in 2014, where are they? How long have these been in beta? I won't dog this because this horse is dead, its been beaten to death.

I hope you can read this but this was the reply from the support team the following morning... this morning. If you can't click on it and it will expand so you can read it.

What qualifications must i acquire to be able to fall into the increase of revenue share!? Where can I find this information?

I've dumped a lot of work into my channel and I have numerous offers from other MCM's all stating they will start me at 90% shares... I've stuck with Freedom! But I believe I've been here long enough... Constant forums going down, no definite answers on when chat will be back or freedom points will finally be put in, and to put it bluntly the worst customer service I've ever had from the support team, granted 40% of my earnings are help pay them. (Assuming if they aren't volunteers)

I'm going to un-link from Freedom! today. I will cherish those of you that have helped out and tried to make this partner something to call home or a place for individuals like us to thrive and share ideas, help each other, but I simply cannot go on.

I'm not only quitting because of whats transpired here, I'm quitting because I do not utilize anything Freedom! offers. I don't use the music, feature designers, I just like getting paid every month. But in all honesty that shouldn't be the reason you stay. And what is it that Freedom offers me besides this to account for 40% of my earnings? In my eyes nothing. Because usually you have to pay for feature designers work anyways so where is that money going!? I'm done ranting, I hope some of you will question partnerships. And even if this will be taken down. I still wanted it to get out there.

TL: DR - I'm quitting Freedom! Find out why above... so you still need to read lol.

we used to list teirs for revenue changes, i'm unsure why we don't anymore. that's odd. I do know that if we're using the old scales that were listed you're still in 60/40 territory. we'll miss you and i'm sorry that you've had a bad experience. Maybe one day we'll win you back!

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
we used to list teirs for revenue changes, i'm unsure why we don't anymore. that's odd. I do know that if we're using the old scales that were listed you're still in 60/40 territory. we'll miss you and i'm sorry that you've had a bad experience. Maybe one day we'll win you back!
Wow what an honor, Anthony Smith himself commented on my post. I don't mean to gush but, yes I do look forward to that day and I appreciate your comment Anthony!

Reactions: Anthony Smith

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
@Snaggle Teef
I am actually surprised you even thought you would get an increased share with those numbers. Also ... any network that is offering you 90% ... I call BS. If I where you, I would think twice about joining any network that is offering such a big share to a small channel, sounds shady.

With that said I wish you luck.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Well basically it states that if your channel grew and if you have better quality videos you should be eligible. However from where i was to where i am now is a significant increase to what i started with so in turn, I thought I qualified, and many others that may have submitted an inquiry And not even so much the subs but also the amount of views per month. And heartbeat isn't always accurate, last month i got 8,900 views the month before 8,400 views. That's a drastic increase. But I digress. whats done is done and i may lone it for a while and search for options.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Well basically it states that if your channel grew and if you have better quality videos you should be eligible. However from where i was to where i am now is a significant increase to what i started with so in turn, I thought I qualified, and many others that may have submitted an inquiry And not even so much the subs but also the amount of views per month. And heartbeat isn't always accurate, last month i got 8,900 views the month before 8,400 views. That's a drastic increase. But I digress. whats done is done and i may lone it for a while and search for options.

The thing is, what you see as "significant" isn't probably what networks see as significant. It's very vague and really can mean anything depending on the person you are talking to.

----Past this point I am pretty harsh, so read at your own discretion, and take it with a grain of salt as this is just my opinion. ----

A good example is I personally don't see your channel growth as anything of significance because I see most of your views are coming from very specific videos. Also, a year of youtube .. I would say your growth is actually pretty typical though maybe slightly faster due to those videos.

In fact, from the looks of things it almost seems like your only goal on youtube is to try and get as many views as possible as quickly as possible. The reason it seems that way to me is because your channel is all over the place. Gaming videos, tutorials, lists, vlogs, reviews, special effects videos, top videos, videos about subs and views, channel critique videos.

I mean a video about top 8 breast feeding controversies? Why? o.o What does that have anything to do with your channel?

So when it comes to the quality of your channel, it's pretty low because you don't even know what your channel is or what it's suppose to be. You are trying to force your growth by posting a bunch of irrelevant videos.

You also have a pretty terrible view point on gaming channels. You most certainly can see growth in a gaming channel, it simply doesn't happen over night. The issue isn't that you where not growing, the issue is that you where too impatient.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
The thing is, what you see as "significant" isn't probably what networks see as significant. It's very vague and really can mean anything depending on the person you are talking to.

----Past this point I am pretty harsh, so read at your own discretion, and take it with a grain of salt as this is just my opinion. ----

A good example is I personally don't see your channel growth as anything of significance because I see most of your views are coming from very specific videos. Also, a year of youtube .. I would say your growth is actually pretty typical though maybe slightly faster due to those videos.

In fact, from the looks of things it almost seems like your only goal on youtube is to try and get as many views as possible as quickly as possible. The reason it seems that way to me is because your channel is all over the place. Gaming videos, tutorials, lists, vlogs, reviews, special effects videos, top videos, videos about subs and views, channel critique videos.

I mean a video about top 8 breast feeding controversies? Why? o.o What does that have anything to do with your channel?

So when it comes to the quality of your channel, it's pretty low because you don't even know what your channel is or what it's suppose to be. You are trying to force your growth by posting a bunch of irrelevant videos.

You also have a pretty terrible view point on gaming channels. You most certainly can see growth in a gaming channel, it simply doesn't happen over night. The issue isn't that you where not growing, the issue is that you where too impatient.

Much appreciated on the warning lol

I once classified myself as a gaming channel, primarily focus on my top 8's which the breastfeeding fell into and can be any number of things as it is top 8 (input something here), most of those are in playlists, I still enjoy gaming, and sometimes place those videos on there too in their respective playlists.

YouTube is about expression, I post what I find interesting myself. And even if i'm not some major sensation or never will be, I find joy in doing it. And have a sub base that thinks the same.

As far as what my channel is supposed to be, its like a goolash of different things, as for the future I'd like to focus on top 8's but we'll see.

I personally thought that my growth was significant and based off of how you described my channel makes me believe this fact even more.

I'm not quitting all together lol just freedom. And the terrible point of view on gaming channels is my opinion just as yours is the opposite, if you checked the comments some individuals thought the same thing. As i'm sure that others may think what you think, I don't expect everyone to make sense of everything I say.

I actually appreciate this from you! These kind of reviews are needed everywhere! This is great! If more of this happened here I may have been more inclined to stay! I genuinely appreciate your feedback!

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube

I'm experiencing some of the same frustrations, and am also contemplating moving on. I joined exactly 1 year ago with 300 subs and 2k views a month. Still stuck at 70% rev share. Curse network is looking pretty good with their 90/10.

Good luck!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
YouTube is about expression, I post what I find interesting myself. And even if i'm not some major sensation or never will be, I find joy in doing it. And have a sub base that thinks the same.

As far as what my channel is supposed to be, its like a goolash of different things, as for the future I'd like to focus on top 8's but we'll see.

Well I suppose as long as you are doing it because you like to, I don't have a problem with that. I am curious though as to why you decided to start doing top 8's?

I personally thought that my growth was significant and based off of how you described my channel makes me believe this fact even more.

It's subjective. As I said, what you find significant doesn't mean others do. Significant to me would be starting a channel and growing it to 10,000 views per month in a matter of a few months. Something like that.

I'm not quitting all together lol just freedom. And the terrible point of view on gaming channels is my opinion just as yours is the opposite, if you checked the comments some individuals thought the same thing. As i'm sure that others may think what you think, I don't expect everyone to make sense of everything I say.

It's not really an opinion as there are thousands if not 100s of thousands of channels to prove it. There are many pure gaming channels who have grown much larger than your channel without having to do anything else. It doesn't matter if you had a few people agree with you, that doesn't make you right.

Heck, my channel prior to this one was as large as yours and achieved similar views and it also was a pure gaming channel.

I actually appreciate this from you! These kind of reviews are needed everywhere! This is great! If more of this happened here I may have been more inclined to stay! I genuinely appreciate your feedback!

Well, I am glad I didn't offend you. I typically don't do this often as I have a tendency to get in trouble when I speak my mind on the net XD.

I'm experiencing some of the same frustrations, and am also contemplating moving on. I joined exactly 1 year ago with 300 subs and 2k views a month. Still stuck at 70% rev share. Curse network is looking pretty good with their 90/10.

Good luck!

Does curse really do a 90/10 split? What are the requirements? I just find it pretty unusual if they did that for small channels.

akirby80

Games and Stuff!
Apr 8, 2014
Massachusetts, USA
YouTube
akirby80
Well I suppose as long as you are doing it because you like to, I don't have a problem with that. I am curious though as to why you decided to start doing top 8's?

It's subjective. As I said, what you find significant doesn't mean others do. Significant to me would be starting a channel and growing it to 10,000 views per month in a matter of a few months. Something like that.

It's not really an opinion as there are thousands if not 100s of thousands of channels to prove it. There are many pure gaming channels who have grown much larger than your channel without having to do anything else. It doesn't matter if you had a few people agree with you, that doesn't make you right.

Heck, my channel prior to this one was as large as yours and achieved similar views and it also was a pure gaming channel.

Well, I am glad I didn't offend you. I typically don't do this often as I have a tendency to get in trouble when I speak my mind on the net XD.

Does curse really do a 90/10 split? What are the requirements? I just find it pretty unusual if they did that for small channels.
Pretty sure the requirements are 1k subs and 4k views or just 8k views per month if I remember correctly and the content has to be mostly gaming related.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef

Because at the time i felt top 10's or 15s were too mainstream... i guess my inner hipster came out.

Understood, And i understand that, I felt however at that time that it was substantial. Even though now i know that it isn't.

Yeah i just felt i needed to make a change, and though i love gaming, I felt that i wanted to go more in the direction of some top 8's

I felt it was refreshing, honest, and strait to the point, no beating around the bush, not everyone can take constructive criticism, I on the other hand love it! lol

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube

They do, but the requirements are higher than Freedom's to join at least. 8k views per month or 1k subs I think. I've heard mostly only good things about them, and have a few friends who are with them.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Sad to hear you are leaving snaggle and that sucks about not getting even 70% after being in Freedom so long as well as being part of the mod team :(

It looks like they changed the requirement, before they had it set out at the estimated views for each % share. Which I though was a lot easier to understand. As far as I know it was 30k+ views per month for 70%, 150k+ for 80%, 300k+ for 90% and 300k+ with some cases 95%. I'm pretty sure being in a subnetwork it's easier to get an increase in share also.

Hope I see you around even if you aren't part of Freedom. Had fun talking to you while you were on the Mod team, best of luck to you whichever network you go to!

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Sad to hear you are leaving snaggle and that sucks about not getting even 70% after being in Freedom so long as well as being part of the mod team :(

It looks like they changed the requirement, before they had it set out at the estimated views for each % share. Which I though was a lot easier to understand. As far as I know it was 30k+ views per month for 70%, 150k+ for 80%, 300k+ for 90% and 300k+ with some cases 95%. I'm pretty sure being in a subnetwork it's easier to get an increase in share also.

Hope I see you around even if you aren't part of Freedom. Had fun talking to you while you were on the Mod team, best of luck to you whichever network you go to!
Yeah i got a reply this morning stating that, I still want to lone it for a while, Maybe stick with adsense for a while then weigh my options if my channel takes off, I've still got some ideas on what i want to focus on. @1SB2Gamer Spoke to me on that post and helped me realize a different view, And i respect him for that! I feel i need to work on me and then see if I can make it better on my own I did enjoy it here on the forums and I do not blame anyone here for sure. I just feel like this will be best for me and we'll see if that plays out. Thanks for the kind words!