Solved Someone stolen my YT accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peterson

Rising User
Oct 26, 2016
Hello, my name is Dmytro.

A month ago I hired a person to work on my YouTube channels:

He work hard in April and everything was fine.
Today I found out that my channels are untied from my Google mails...

It is worth noting that I use the authenticator and SMS messages for both channels, so I do not understand how it happened.

Tell me please how can I return the channels?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey James,

The fact that you are using an authenticator and still have had the account stolen is weird. Always note that you should NEVER let someone use your account by giving them your Username/Email and Password combination, but instead add them as a Manager so that they can upload videos but don't have full channel access. Here's how you'd do that:
Go to https://www.youtube.com/account and select "Add or remove managers" > "Manage Permissions" > Invite Users found here:
upload_2017-5-10_20-33-17.png
If you want someone to be able to upload videos to YouTube as you, add them as a Manager. They won't be able to do much more than that and have access to your account without having your password.

As of them having hijacked your account, go here: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
This should have the steps for it.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello, my name is Dmytro.

A month ago I hired a person to work on my YouTube channels:

He work hard in April and everything was fine.
Today I found out that my channels are untied from my Google mails...

It is worth noting that I use the authenticator and SMS messages for both channels, so I do not understand how it happened.

Tell me please how can I return the channels?
Sorry to hear that your account has been hijacked. If you follow the link supplied by LW001 you should be able to recover access to your accounts and then be able to reinstate them with no issues. It does seem strange that they were able to do this while you had 2 step verification on in relation to SMS messages, however it could be that they used an alternate recovery email instead, which they could have set up if they knew your details already. Either way I would also recommend changing passwords on any shared / associated accounts, and limiting the access given to other people.

Upvote 0

James Peterson

Rising User
Oct 26, 2016
Sorry to hear that your account has been hijacked. If you follow the link supplied by LW001 you should be able to recover access to your accounts and then be able to reinstate them with no issues. It does seem strange that they were able to do this while you had 2 step verification on in relation to SMS messages, however it could be that they used an alternate recovery email instead, which they could have set up if they knew your details already. Either way I would also recommend changing passwords on any shared / associated accounts, and limiting the access given to other people.
Hello, sir.
I can use my mails without any problems.
I've already changed passwords.

YouTube channels are simply gone.[DOUBLEPOST=1494479086][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey James,

The fact that you are using an authenticator and still have had the account stolen is weird. Always note that you should NEVER let someone use your account by giving them your Username/Email and Password combination, but instead add them as a Manager so that they can upload videos but don't have full channel access. Here's how you'd do that:
Go to https://www.youtube.com/account and select "Add or remove managers" > "Manage Permissions" > Invite Users found here:
View attachment 18848
If you want someone to be able to upload videos to YouTube as you, add them as a Manager. They won't be able to do much more than that and have access to your account without having your password.

As of them having hijacked your account, go here: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
This should have the steps for it.
Hello, sir.

YouTube channels are simply gone.[DOUBLEPOST=1494479922][/DOUBLEPOST]
also, why is this solved? its not. help me bring back my channels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello, sir.

YouTube channels are simply gone.[DOUBLEPOST=1494479086][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello, sir.

YouTube channels are simply gone.[DOUBLEPOST=1494479922][/DOUBLEPOST]
also, why is this solved? its not. help me bring back my channels.
This was marked as 'Solved' as we provided you the information for you to be able to recover access to your Youtube account - you could also try - https://www.youtube.com/account_recovery

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.