YouTube Sometimes I do feel like quitting Youtube

Purpleoak

Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Alabama
YouTube
willie_nutter
Hey everyone my name is Purpleoak and I won't make this too long. I'm just having some feels today lol I have been doing Youtube since August. The beginning of this year though I started doing things differently and I'm taking it more serious. The down side is that I run a gaming channel and it is overly saturated with people. Now don't get me wrong I love gaming when I'm not recording.

Sometimes though I just feel like giving up here and there. I put so much effort into the editing, descriptions, thumbnails, titles, SEO, all that stuff. It just doesn't matter though. Making it as a gaming channel is pretty tough no a days. I really won't stop doing Youtube, but it is just kind of a downer when your videos just end up in the many pages of Youtube. It would be nice to be able to make a substantiation living playin games and all, but in all honestly I don't see that happening.

I may slack off of my uploads. Usually I put up 2 videos a day, but I may just tone it down to 1. I'm just a little depressed right now. This will pass and I will still put up 2-3 videos a day. I just get in these moods were I need to rant a little. Sorry for the rant everyone. I hope to get to interact with everyone as much as I can. Talk to you guys later

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
No need to apologise about the rant, somtimes people just need to get their thoughts of their chests. I completely agree where you are coming from though - speaking as both a gaming channel creator and a fellow YouTuber, the market is oversaturated but really thats the downside with YouTube and anyone gaining fame / notoriety people will always try and emulate this

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Well we all have that time of wanting to quit doing YouTube, hell it doesn't even apply to YouTube only, it can apply to anything, when you feel like what you do isn't at a standard, when you feel like it isn't well received, it doesn't make people happy and a few other things it can be really demotivating. Though it may sound like some terrible motivational speech though only if you overcome that you'll get better at doing that thing. You won't get a Million Subscribers in one day, nobody has ever done that. Though one thing I believe can really help is not looking at what others have achieved, but instead looking at what you have achieved. I've seen people complain about "only" having 500 Subscribers in a few months. I've been dong YouTube for ages and I am a prime example for a person that gave up. Back when I had 30 Subscribers I had the same feeling. My Sub Count stayed the same if it didn't go down,... Though somehow I didn't give up then. At this point I've kind of given up again as my content wasn't at any quality. It was about five pixels changing color at a terrible framerate lol. I believe I could be somewhere better with my channel if I were to upload videos again...

Don't give up man.

Purpleoak

Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Alabama
YouTube
willie_nutter
I just get in these moods from time to time, but I get over it when it happens. What gets me the most is you will have channels who honestly just flat out suck. I mean it's bad to say that , but it is true. Those people will have over 10,000 subs though. You have to wonder though if they are all real though you know

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I just get in these moods from time to time, but I get over it when it happens. What gets me the most is you will have channels who honestly just flat out suck. I mean it's bad to say that , but it is true. Those people will have over 10,000 subs though. You have to wonder though if they are all real though you know
As long as you are happy with the content you create your Subscriber count will not matter. Just enjoy yourself doing something and don't just do something because the channel XY has made 3254283542634532642 Subscribers off of it. You won't be happy in becoming a toy channel if it isn't what you like to do.