Mamokin

Freedom! Member
Aug 16, 2015
Canada
mamokin.media
YouTube
MamoPlays
Hey all,

I am looking into getting a new camera for the sake of vlogging and I have come to the A5100 as the best option. The A6000 is better, a fair bit better. BUT. It does not have a screen that can flip 180 degrees up the same as the A5100. The interchangeable lens feature is also a big plus and selling point for me, a small camera (lightweight) that has alternative lenses that can be used on newer Sony models AND has adapters to user other lenses (Canon, Nikon) sounds great to me.

I honestly have a budget of about $1,000 CAD (USD prices are very different from CAD atm) and I am wondering if anyone has a camera recommendation? Please do not say Canon G7X...

Reactions: DaveClouser

DaveClouser

Rising User
Apr 15, 2016
York. Pennsylvania. US
YouTube
Hey all,

I am looking into getting a new camera for the sake of vlogging and I have come to the A5100 as the best option. The A6000 is better, a fair bit better. BUT. It does not have a screen that can flip 180 degrees up the same as the A5100. The interchangeable lens feature is also a big plus and selling point for me, a small camera (lightweight) that has alternative lenses that can be used on newer Sony models AND has adapters to user other lenses (Canon, Nikon) sounds great to me.

I honestly have a budget of about $1,000 CAD (USD prices are very different from CAD atm) and I am wondering if anyone has a camera recommendation? Please do not say Canon G7X...
The 5100 is gonna be my next vlog camera when I can afford one. The flip up screen is a major selling point for me and it's almost half the price of the g7x.

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
Just got done talking about this on another thread! haha I recent;y picked up the sony a5000. While it does lack a few features like remote movie capturing through the Sony app, it's essentially the same camera as the 5100 if all you're doing is vlogs and videos for youtube. when I bought mine it was around $450 USD. Amazing camera for the money :)

Reactions: GoddessGigiG