Started YouTube 1 year ago today! Need opinion on motivation!

Illusional Gaming

Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2014
YouTube
andttias
Hey guys so I started YouTube 1 year ago today and I earned my first 100 Subs on New Years day! I currently have about 136 subscribers and I've definentatly gotten much more views on my newer videos, but I feel a lack of motivation and I miss that feeling that I experienced a year ago today. It was a feeling where I wanted to try something new and I felt a rush of motivation. I'm currently a Call of Duty competitor and enteratainer, but I got very bored of AW so I haven't really been uploading it because it's no fun to me anymore. What do you guys think about this? I know BO3 is coming out, but even though it's coming out I don't even have motivation for that. I even bought a PS4 and everything. I just need some help with this and it would be much appreciated. Also, what should I do for my first year on YouTube? I don't think I posted my first video till like November 4th so I still have time!
Thanks a lot for the responders.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
My friend Pure Venom also seemed to hit that barrier recently... seems like the fps genre is getting played out with a lack of fun innovations to keep things fresh.

Did you play the Star Wars Battlefront beta? It was too hard for me, but someone who is a competitor like you might like it.

I'm not real sure what to suggest, competative fps is not my genre... I play it sometimes... but I grew up with 2D, so it's kinda tough for me... I get killed usually without even seeing an enemy.

Reactions: Chris

Illusional Gaming

Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2014
YouTube
andttias
My friend Pure Venom also seemed to hit that barrier recently... seems like the fps genre is getting played out with a lack of fun innovations to keep things fresh.

Did you play the Star Wars Battlefront beta? It was too hard for me, but someone who is a competitor like you might like it.

I'm not real sure what to suggest, competative fps is not my genre... I play it sometimes... but I grew up with 2D, so it's kinda tough for me... I get killed usually without even seeing an enemy.

No I have't played the Star wars beta. Star wars battlefront on the PS2 is what got me into FPS. My first FPS was rainbow six on the N64 though. I'm def going to get it! Also, I'm developing a 2D top down view game. I have many different types of interests in different genres, but I enjoy FPS the most!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
No I have't played the Star wars beta. Star wars battlefront on the PS2 is what got me into FPS. My first FPS was rainbow six on the N64 though. I'm def going to get it! Also, I'm developing a 2D top down view game. I have many different types of interests in different genres, but I enjoy FPS the most!
Good luck with developing your own game! You making a twin stick shooter or something? I will say... I do like fps style games as long as they have a single player or coop option...

Illusional Gaming

Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2014
YouTube
andttias
Good luck with developing your own game! You making a twin stick shooter or something? I will say... I do like fps style games as long as they have a single player or coop option...
Thanks man! No, not a stick shooter. Like an actual MMO lol. Here's my website link if you want to check it out. Just note the servers are only online when I'm developing if you want to check it out. https://sites.google.com/site/zoneofpk/home/

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys so I started YouTube 1 year ago today and I earned my first 100 Subs on New Years day! I currently have about 136 subscribers and I've definentatly gotten much more views on my newer videos, but I feel a lack of motivation and I miss that feeling that I experienced a year ago today. It was a feeling where I wanted to try something new and I felt a rush of motivation. I'm currently a Call of Duty competitor and enteratainer, but I got very bored of AW so I haven't really been uploading it because it's no fun to me anymore. What do you guys think about this? I know BO3 is coming out, but even though it's coming out I don't even have motivation for that. I even bought a PS4 and everything. I just need some help with this and it would be much appreciated. Also, what should I do for my first year on YouTube? I don't think I posted my first video till like November 4th so I still have time!
Thanks a lot for the responders.
Probably going retro or probing other gaming stuff, because you are "illusional GAMING" not Illusional Duty....
(y) (Y)

Illusional Gaming

Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2014
YouTube
andttias
Expand your Horizon. Lots of good games on Ps4 that are itching to be streamed :)
Playing the same game like Cod over and over can get boring so maybe its time to move on to a different genre, start a fresh adventure ;)
After BO3 get's boring ahahah. This game is amazing! I've gained some motivations because of it. I'm also a call of duty competitor so it's gotta be my main game.