Starting YouTube - Any tips?

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
Hi there Freedom! My name is Liam or roughly known as Volt. I haven't posted nor am I well known on these forums but I was really interested in making this thread.

I am starting to go into YouTube. After settling in my last year at school (Secondary/High school), I am far more interested in socializing more and into media.

Anyway, I have gathered all the things I have needed or wanted to start off my channel to be well-done. If you know how I mean by that.

I have took the time to get the software and equipment of what I need. Including Adobe After Effects for editing, OBS (Open Broadcast Software) for recording, the BM-700 for good quality and inexpensive audio, including the microphone stand and pop filter that comes along with it.

Anyway, now that I am all set-up, I was wondering if I could get some tips from starting off? Such as video editing tips, or good ways to start off in general.

Thanks,
Liam

Maverickgreen10

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 24, 2014
Ohio, US
YouTube
A good way to start is to start is to have constant upload schedule.
When editing take out the parts that have no talking or action.
Keep video length 15-20 minutes.
And last my personal favorite don't be an a$$ ;)

Reactions: Sims Lyfe and Vϟlt

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
A good way to start is to start is to have constant upload schedule.
When editing take out the parts that have no talking or action.
Keep video length 15-20 minutes.
And last my personal favorite don't be an a$$ ;)
Haha. Thanks for the tips! I don't think I will be able to maintain a good schedule. Personally I just will upload when I have the time.

Will do on the video editing also! - And thanks for that tip. I think 15-20 minutes just for a video is over the top though.

Thank you again!
Liam

Reactions: Maverickgreen10
T

theentertainmentguy

What will be your channel about? If I know the kind of the channel I can help you better but you already seem ready for youtube

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
What will be your channel about? If I know the kind of the channel I can help you better but you already seem ready for youtube
Preferably gaming. I have a Minecraft network which we've put in around 500$+ in anyway. So yeah, the soul purpose may be towards that, and much more type of videogames.

T

theentertainmentguy

Well, I am a reviewing channel so I am not an expert about it but I can give you some advice :
- Choose a game everybody loves
- Be funny while playing the game
- Use the effects to make the video more fun

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
Hey @Vϟlt,

I actually have some advice from tech reviewer MKBHD for starting a new YouTube channel, "just do it". His advice is to just do it by providing whatever quality content you can create. Even if it won't get many views, that shouldn't be a concern. You should try to improve as a YouTuber by putting out content out there. This is not to say upload content that you think don't have much quality, try your best to have to best quality in your videos. Then try to evaluate your flaws in those videos and try to improve on top of that. As easy as this sounds, this process is very hard! I'm not talking through personal experience because I don't actually create that many videos xD

I hope that really helps, I think you can achieve what you want to achieve on YouTube if you just try your best and invest lots of time into it. But make sure you're having fun :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Where to start mate haha, i'll do my best :D

- Video thumbnails, make them catch the eye.
- A good banner is always nice with a Avatat that fits with it.
- A detailed about section of with information on your channel.
- Links to Social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, even google+ could help you out!
- Detailed description beneath video's with the contents to be seen.
- Playlists! Order your categories and give the playlist a good description.
- Channel home page trailer? And add your New and Populair uploads on the home screen, custom playlists is optional.
- Collaborate with other games and make use of info cards.
- Intro (optional) max 10 sec and End card maybe?
- Video's max 30 min (Depends per game, i for instance have video's from MMO gameplay wich are max 2H but scored 1.5K+ vieuws at the moment)
- Forums, be active, meet people and get your name out there.
- help others and they may return the favor

Did i miss something?

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
Thanks guys ^

Sorry, I haven't been on due to the factor that I'm sick (sigh.)

Thanks for the advice though, everyone!

MW30983

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
YouTube
Please do not fall in the trap of recording what popular youtubers do thinking you will get somewhere it does not help at all but if its something your good at change it up don't try copying them it wont work out in the long run

Reactions: parzival563

Vϟlt

Aug 24, 2015
YouTube
Please do not fall in the trap of recording what popular youtubers do thinking you will get somewhere it does not help at all but if its something your good at change it up don't try copying them it wont work out in the long run
So basically what you're saying is don't copy?