Subs or Dubs?

Sharrazar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 12, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
sharrazar
Do you prefer subs or dubs when watching Anime? I prefer subs, because English voice actors trying to voice an anime, its just, ugh.

I prefer Dubs because I find it hard focusing on both at once. It makes it easier understanding when hearing and understand what they are saying.

I really want to learn Japanese and other animes made from other countries but I have always found it hard to focus on one thing for a very long time and can be hard to stay motivated unless it's like a personal hobby.

NotAPlant

Rising User
Sep 20, 2015
Helsinki, Finland
YouTube
I prefer Dubs because I find it hard focusing on both at once. It makes it easier understanding when hearing and understand what they are saying.

I really want to learn Japanese and other animes made from other countries but I have always found it hard to focus on one thing for a very long time and can be hard to stay motivated unless it's like a personal hobby.

I read them so fast it doesn't really ruin the experience. And since I'm Finnish, I prefer subs on any movie.

One Vision

Rising User
Apr 12, 2016
YouTube
Do you prefer subs or dubs when watching Anime? I prefer subs, because English voice actors trying to voice an anime, its just, ugh.
It just depends on the anime for me , for example dbz i prefer dubbed but attack on titan it has to be subbed

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
i feel that subbed is better coz the voice actors can actually capture the emotion of the scene....but in the case of dubbed most(and i say most NOT ALL) of the time it sounds like robots talking with no emotions.also something i noticed about dubbed is that they tend to change the script ALOOOT of the time(ofcourse this is cuz of the fact that sometimes japanese word would would longer or shorter tan their significant eng word)
so yeah in the end its subbed

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite

It depends how tired I am, with subs I need to pay full attention to everything so if I haven't had much sleep or just in a CBA mood it is dubs.

The only down side is if I start a series dubbed and have to switch to subbed the voice change freaks me out.

CVic Magpantay

New User
Jun 1, 2018
Asia
YouTube
Subs as they are more exp in it than the dubs as well as them not have having the NEED to americanize... I mean japanize show they dub over like with Rwby unlike what Americans did like to Sailor Moon(The move names are already in English yet they just HAD to change it?)