Target Audience

Prototype Ninja1

Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
Gibraltar
www.freedom.tm
YouTube
Heres a question ive been meaning to ask people for a while that would be extremely helpful to me personally
Since i do Gaming and in particular horror, my thumbnails are ok and the videos include not extreme amounts of swearing for comedy what would my target audience actually be ?
now i know people might ask what are you aiming for but personally i dont mind things like the age of people and so on. i know there are differences in what can make a person laugh but judging by the small description ive put of my channel what do you personally think the age group and target would be ?
what is your personal target audience and lets share ideas on how we can attract and maintain an audience of that type

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Heres a question ive been meaning to ask people for a while that would be extremely helpful to me personally
Since i do Gaming and in particular horror, my thumbnails are ok and the videos include not extreme amounts of swearing for comedy what would my target audience actually be ?
now i know people might ask what are you aiming for but personally i dont mind things like the age of people and so on. i know there are differences in what can make a person laugh but judging by the small description ive put of my channel what do you personally think the age group and target would be ?
what is your personal target audience and lets share ideas on how we can attract and maintain an audience of that type
Well, I'm not interested in cursing, or encouraged toxic behavior on the games I play in general. I like to attract an audience that is focused on learning, playing optically, or the random passerby that wants to have fun with a community. Teenagers aren't my demographic, but dorks are my interest in general, where they don't prefer hardcore gaming/high level plays, just positivity in general :p

Reactions: Prototype Ninja1

Prototype Ninja1

Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
Gibraltar
www.freedom.tm
YouTube
Well, I'm not interested in cursing, or encouraged toxic behavior on the games I play in general. I like to attract an audience that is focused on learning, playing optically, or the random passerby that wants to have fun with a community. Teenagers aren't my demographic, but dorks are my interest in general, where they don't prefer hardcore gaming/high level plays, just positivity in general :p
i dont encourage swearing either but its a natural thing to me, i guess my age group would be from 16 onwards in some cases younger but there are videos i do that have way less to no swearing. its good to have variety i guess in a way which is what i aim for. theres also how to videos that could help in more detail. im more or less like that where i like to know detail in anything really

Prototype Ninja1

Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
Gibraltar
www.freedom.tm
YouTube
My audience is basicly me LOL mostly women starting from +-16 years untill their 30's... It kinda varies but that's my main focus. I try to keep my video's age appropriate without to much swearing but enough to connect from at multiple ages.
i like to connect with multiple ages too, the best thing to do is have variety i guess. a suggestion could be for example beep out a swear for a comedic moment even if theres no swear then tell yourself off which can be funny, but thats more or less my idea of having a good range of videos for different age groups :)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
If you do horror games your target audience is likely kids that are either too scared to play it themselves, or theyre parents wont let them play it...

Were talking early teens and preteens

Prototype Ninja1

Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
Gibraltar
www.freedom.tm
YouTube
If you do horror games your target audience is likely kids that are either too scared to play it themselves, or theyre parents wont let them play it...

Were talking early teens and preteens
it can be, though my viewer statistics always say people aging between the 16-30 majority of the time, generally its a main focus of horror but theres a range of more games that im doing to have more people view the videos. generally though i used to be a horror fan since three years ago myself

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
i dont encourage swearing either but its a natural thing to me, i guess my age group would be from 16 onwards in some cases younger but there are videos i do that have way less to no swearing. its good to have variety i guess in a way which is what i aim for. theres also how to videos that could help in more detail. im more or less like that where i like to know detail in anything really
Yeah, swearing can be natural depending on how common it is in your life. Variety depends on the audience really, because some people are interested in only one or two different series. Take note on everything for the future though, you can figure it out with enough time ^^