Telling people about your YouTube Channel IRL

So, back when I recorded Minecraft, back before my channel revamp, I was always hesitant to tell people about my YouTube channel in real life. Did anyone else have this problem, or was this just me? I mean I still haven't told most people about it, but I'm curious about your guys' history with this, if any.
I haven't told anyone lel ;-; at least not in specifics
I told my mum a long time ago like "ermagerd I reached 100 subs" on my old channel and she would bring it up around the rest of my fam and I felt so embarassed xD
I mean I'm not embarassed of my channel, but I'm not really an open person IRL :'3 so showing that side of my personality has always seemed kinda awkward

If you're more comfortable with that, or that's just kind of an all around you xD then it shouldn't be that big of a deal I guess?? haha c':

Reactions: This Is Ethan

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
I haven't told anyone lel ;-; at least not in specifics
I told my mum a long time ago like "ermagerd I reached 100 subs" on my old channel and she would bring it up around the rest of my fam and I felt so embarassed xD
I mean I'm not embarassed of my channel, but I'm not really an open person IRL :'3 so showing that side of my personality has always seemed kinda awkward

If you're more comfortable with that, or that's just kind of an all around you xD then it shouldn't be that big of a deal I guess?? haha c':
Thanks for the input :)

Reactions: MissDerps