Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Before I get into any serious subject matter, I'd like to note that Freedom is actually a really amazing network, and that I've actually met some very amazing people thus far. There is one issue, though, that plagues our community (and really every community, on that note,) that I believe needs addressed.

I've found Freedom through a bit of research and when I found it, I thought this would be an amazing site to build on experience and make friendships. It's a pretty decently sized community and it gives you the tools to grow and expand your YouTube career (right?)

Right there. That's the flaw. Many people see grow and just think about subscribers and dollar signs. Don't believe me? Go to the introduce yourself section and count how many people say "subscribe," like at how many people want to work with YouTube as a full time career, look for all the "sub4sub" comments littered throughout many different forum posts, even look in the collaboration section and see the shout out posts scattered through. Everyone is so focused on the end project, they're not willing to actually help others and take part of the community.

Freedom is supposed to give you the TOOLS to grow, not be a fix for a "get big quick" sceme. We need to start taking part of the community and help people along. Sure, if your comment is similar and you'd gain fruitful subs, shout outs can be great! Just like collaborations, if it shows a common interest, it can be a great thing! Let's stop promoting the community as a growth injection and start supporting it for the community it needs to be. Help people, be selfless, and be social. Give thoughtful feedback and reviews to other's hard work. Realize that the numbers aren't what we're about. It's about being a FAMILY.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Before I get into any serious subject matter, I'd like to note that Freedom is actually a really amazing network, and that I've actually met some very amazing people thus far. There is one issue, though, that plagues our community (and really every community, on that note,) that I believe needs addressed.

I've found Freedom through a bit of research and when I found it, I thought this would be an amazing site to build on experience and make friendships. It's a pretty decently sized community and it gives you the tools to grow and expand your YouTube career (right?)

Right there. That's the flaw. Many people see grow and just think about subscribers and dollar signs. Don't believe me? Go to the introduce yourself section and count how many people say "subscribe," like at how many people want to work with YouTube as a full time career, look for all the "sub4sub" comments littered throughout many different forum posts, even look in the collaboration section and see the shout out posts scattered through. Everyone is so focused on the end project, they're not willing to actually help others and take part of the community.

Freedom is supposed to give you the TOOLS to grow, not be a fix for a "get big quick" sceme. We need to start taking part of the community and help people along. Sure, if your comment is similar and you'd gain fruitful subs, shout outs can be great! Just like collaborations, if it shows a common interest, it can be a great thing! Let's stop promoting the community as a growth injection and start supporting it for the community it needs to be. Help people, be selfless, and be social. Give thoughtful feedback and reviews to other's hard work. Realize that the numbers aren't what we're about. It's about being a FAMILY.
Socializing with people is great, when you start to treat people like packaged meat, it becomes an issue. I understand how excited people can be with their sub numbers going up, I bet it has to do with a chemical reaction that makes people happier with every tick. It can turn into a disease that pushes people away even more, leaving you to forget why you started youtube in the first place. Let's not focus on getting rich quick, because frankly, that is extremely hard to do within your first few months doing YouTube. Our community is strong here, and I'm glad that we're all benefiting from being with each other. All they need to do, is stop asking for subs. Let your content flow free, and figure out who to work with next, because collaboration will get you far in life. Connections, friendships, fun, and great videos, what else does a person need?

Thanks again for making the post Goped ^^

Reactions: Goped Fred

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Socializing with people is great, when you start to treat people like packaged meat, it becomes an issue. I understand how excited people can be with their sub numbers going up, I bet it has to do with a chemical reaction that makes people happier with every tick. It can turn into a disease that pushes people away even more, leaving you to forget why you started youtube in the first place. Let's not focus on getting rich quick, because frankly, that is extremely hard to do within your first few months doing YouTube. Our community is strong here, and I'm glad that we're all benefiting from being with each other. All they need to do, is stop asking for subs. Let your content flow free, and figure out who to work with next, because collaboration will get you far in life. Connections, friendships, fun, and great videos, what else does a person need?

Thanks again for making the post Goped ^^
And thank you, sir, for your valuable insight

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
And thank you, sir, for your valuable insight
No problem at all. I'm sure that if you gain enough support, there's a chance for things to change slightly around here ^^ Surprisingly enough, there's rules that even forbid people from doing sub4sub, it's a shame that others don't read rules all the time.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Rules are made to abide by, unfortunately people just suck
I'm sure they don't suck intentionally. Reading terms + conditions is hard for our society lately, since they always allow people to skip it without repercussions, heh. Luckily, moderators are on the forum, and things will continue to go upward \o/

Reactions: Goped Fred