There are so many Gaming Channels now

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You honestly can't.
I don't mean to be sadistic, or mean, or any of that. But what has been tried or could be recommended by those here has been tried by the masses before. There is literally nothing that a channel of limited means can do to stand out.

Don't take that wrong, you can still work hard and your head might find its way out of the ground of YouTube, but as a gaming channel, it's next to impossible.

Last edited:

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
I do not. I only upload what I like to play and that's it. I will not make a persona just to grow, because that is not me and I am not fake.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I agree with @Nolan Westmore
There isn't anything unique you can do. In my opinion, the only way to get noticed in gaming, is personality ... and being good at what you do. Especially if you get involved with a game that not many people play or are good at it.

A good example of this would be like Kerbal Space Program. Many people play the game, but not many are good at it. So when someone comes around to take on that task of teaching people because they are good at it, they will become big pretty easily. Scott Manley essentially became the go to person if you wanted to learn how to play.

So becoming really good at a specific game and focusing on it, can really help. There are exceptions though, such as minecraft. It's been exhausted. No matter how good you are at the game .. it really no longer matters.

Reactions: BabyHead Gaming

DailyTuber

Sep 26, 2015
YouTube
Luck or partnership with some huge YouTube network. Oh wait aren't those same at this point?

But only new YouTube "stars" I see rise are those who somehow got into those big networks and have tons of advertising by them. Other than that I dont see any one else making in YouTube industry, neither me but oh well I have been sucked into it and cant leave now, making videos, good or bad, its like my drug so to say.

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Luck or partnership with some huge YouTube network. Oh wait aren't those same at this point?

But only new YouTube "stars" I see rise are those who somehow got into those big networks and have tons of advertising by them. Other than that I dont see any one else making in YouTube industry, neither me but oh well I have been sucked into it and cant leave now, making videos, good or bad, its like my drug so to say.

As far as I know even PewDiePie said that his MCN (multi channel network) didn't help him in way of promotion. He even make a video about it but he deleted it like a month after. They wouldn't help you to promote.
If that would be that easy than anyone could sign for big network and become a big one.

DailyTuber

Sep 26, 2015
YouTube
As far as I know even PewDiePie said that his MCN (multi channel network) didn't help him in way of promotion. He even make a video about it but he deleted it like a month after. They wouldn't help you to promote.
If that would be that easy than anyone could sign for big network and become a big one.

That's not true as you need requirements to join bigger networks, some require at least 1000+ subs and maybe like 500 views a day minimal to be eligible to apply. But I like it here, in Freedom.

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
I really don't "stand out" at all! ;) Maybe I can say that i'm a little special because I upload a little bit of everything on my channel since I really love making different kinds of content all the time! :) But right now I mostly do vlogs cuz I got a new Canon camera lol! ;) Just have fun! :)

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
There are some channels that has no partnership at all and they have 80 000 subs and 3,5 million views per month. Check out "Mo Vlogs" or "Casey Neistat". I know they are not gaming channels but they still operate on youtube same as all gaming channels!

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
Gaming channels are all good but solo commentating is dying out. The sidemen are obviously sharing each other's audiences because there is a fair few of them and they always game in a group. People find it more entertaining if there's more of you in most cases![DOUBLEPOST=1447972117][/DOUBLEPOST]
No gaming channel stands out against the crowd. No matter what every gaming channel is the same. But thats just my opinion.

Everyone has their 'go to' person. For example, TheRadBrad is the king of play-throughs. Ali-A for Call of Duty, SyndicateProject for zombies.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Everyone has their 'go to' person. For example, TheRadBrad is the king of play-throughs. Ali-A for Call of Duty, SyndicateProject for zombies.
Exactly, that is the reason why gaming channels don't stick out. People won't watch to watch new people do the same thing when you got the old guys with the better quality stuff that you're already subscribed to.[DOUBLEPOST=1447989151][/DOUBLEPOST]
Exactly, that is the reason why gaming channels don't stick out. People won't watch to watch new people do the same thing when you got the old guys with the better quality stuff that you're already subscribed to.

lightningforce

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
lightningforce9
It's a valid point. But I also think it's one you don't want to worry about. At least right now. Just be you. That's what you bring to your channel. There is no other you. You don't need to develope a personality when you've already got one.

RaspberrySlice

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 26, 2015
YouTube
while i am (I guess) a gaming channel, i do try and even it out with other things, so hopefully others will do this cus there is to many survival lets plays on minecraft...