Trends - How do you feel about them?

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I am usually a trend-setter lol :D I was wearing Dr. Marten boots 2 years before they became super popular in the USA; I got an industrial piercing (barbell across ear) that inspired many others to want/get at my high school; and I was wearing vintage clothing and thrift-shopping before I was 14. I have followed a few trends, but only because they were my aesthetic at that time, such as when I wore leggings with skirts once they came back in style my 4th or 5th grade year. I just wear what I want, whether it is trend or not because if I like it, I'm going to wear it lol :D
So how do you feel about them? Are you a trend-setter, follower, or a bit of both? :)

Reactions: Kan

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I do a little of both I can say honestly...
When games come out... I follow and play it...

But when I find games I like, I like to create my own stuff. Over the years I've created and ran guilds, clans, groups, made mods, made games, made faqs, maps, guides, and walkthroughs, and now I make videos...

Reactions: Savannah

Feed Us Games

Aug 4, 2015
YouTube
feedusgames
I've said I do both but in all fairness I don't like trends but on the other hand I'm a sucker for following them as we all are but I just love doing what I do and not fall into what people want me to do

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Trends really aren't my thing. The only one I gouge in is the YouTube gaming channel hyper-trend. Otherwise, I just tend to do my own thing and when I notice more and more people are doing it, I move to something else to stay unique and myself, instead of everyone.

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I definitely feel that trends are more geared towards women when it comes to fashion, and men when it comes to gaming/sports. @riganthor, that's pretty awesome :) that's considered a talent in my book for sure! @Hail Kira and @Feed Us Games, I think it's all about whether it interests you or not. You both seem like the type to just do whatever makes you happy, which is good! :)
@Nolan Westmore, I am mostly the same way :p I hate following the crowd!

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
I don't really follow any trends either, not cloths, not gaming either, I just buy what I would like to wear and it should be comfortable. My mother recently bought me an armless jacket, and it's good, it is comfortable, but it feels way too cool for my tastes xD Give me a T-shirt that references a game, tv-show, anime that I like all day, something colorful over what people think are trendy.

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Generally a lot of the trends that happen around here end up making me think of that "I dont want to live on this planet anymore" meme... I just do whatever and roll with it!

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Well I did manage to start a trend at my primary school. I Had verry long hair for several years and suddenly at the last year more and more guys had long hair. Though that changed when middle school came around and well the councellor said I had to cut my hair to fit in more and my parents well they followed that advice.

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Well I did manage to start a trend at my primary school. I Had verry long hair for several years and suddenly at the last year more and more guys had long hair. Though that changed when middle school came around and well the councellor said I had to cut my hair to fit in more and my parents well they followed that advice.

If you ask me thats a bad councilor right there... They should never tell you to change the way you are just to fit in.. unless your a murderer or something... I had long hair for a long time and I don't regret it at all. I had my hair ponytailed half way down my back for my senior picture (It looked BEASTLY) and if they had told me to cut it I woulda made them feel my wrath.. Be you bro and be proud.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
If you ask me thats a bad councilor right there... They should never tell you to change the way you are just to fit in.. unless your a murderer or something... I had long hair for a long time and I don't regret it at all. I had my hair ponytailed half way down my back for my senior picture (It looked BEASTLY) and if they had told me to cut it I woulda made them feel my wrath.. Be you bro and be proud.
well she said it because my long hair made me look like a girl not even kidding at that.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I don't follow trends. I don't set trends. I simply do my own thing. I am one of those sort of people who actually prefers to be unique. Even when it comes to fashion, while I may not dress up frequently, when I do ... I don't just do the normal thing. Heck, I would willingly walk around wearing cat ears as an example.

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I don't know if I start any, but I do get told I am good at hyping stuff.

So you're like a trend-pusher lol :D

I agree with @Bee, that counselor was AWFUL. My mom would have thrown a fit if any teacher told me something like that. I'm sorry you had to deal with that :(
Always be proud of who you are and do what you want (as long as you aren't hurting anyone else lol) :)

I don't follow trends. I don't set trends. I simply do my own thing. I am one of those sort of people who actually prefers to be unique. Even when it comes to fashion, while I may not dress up frequently, when I do ... I don't just do the normal thing. Heck, I would willingly walk around wearing cat ears as an example.

I totally understand; I don't even mean to be a trend-setter, it just happens for me lol. There is actually someone who either goes to my school or used to that wore cat ears and went by Neko. I heard he was an awesome dude :p

Reactions: 1SB2Gamer and Bee