Status
Not open for further replies.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
What exactly is this horseshit?

First of all, the channel that got unlinked from you is quite literally only using content from your damned music, and has minecraft, skyrim, fallout 4, and blades of time. That is all that is on it. Where the **** is this copyright infringement going to come from? There is literally nothing there that can get a strike.

So if you all think youtube sees something wrong with it ******* tell me what it is that is wrong instead of unlinking it like a bunch of assholes . Protecting yourself? .. What a load of ****. Freedom ... you guys are the worst network in the world. I have been with you all since nearly the beginning and let me tell you this, you all can go **** yourselves.

Sidular

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
sidular.com
YouTube
I was unlinked as well, and am more or less in the same boat. Though, there's no need for that kind of hostility.
After looking at your channel, you seem to 5200 lifetime views. Your last upload was also a year ago.
Freedom removes inactive channels, and to my knowledge, you also need to now have 10k total lifetime views before you can become partnered. Not sure if this applies to you, having been with freedom for as long as you have. But it is worth keeping in mind.

Upvote 0

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I was unlinked as well, and am more or less in the same boat. Though, there's no need for that kind of hostility.
After looking at your channel, you seem to 5200 lifetime views. Your last upload was also a year ago.
Freedom removes inactive channels, and to my knowledge, you also need to now have 10k total lifetime views before you can become partnered. Not sure if this applies to you, having been with freedom for as long as you have. But it is worth keeping in mind.

I am hostile because they are full of ****. If it has to do with my inactivity then they can just state that instead of claiming there is something wrong with the channel. Truthfully I had been planning on leaving Freedom for so long, but just have not done it. But ... knowing they are just unlinking accounts ... what seems to be for apparently no reason at all. Seems quite disingenuous. I am surprised not many more people are here telling them to **** off.[DOUBLEPOST=1491835354][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, something else I want to point out is this is the channel that had the 95% rev share on it since I won the sponsorship thing they had going on quite some time ago. My other channel is still partnered, which is larger, ton more video. And far more likely to ever get a strike than the one that was unlinked.

Quite suspicious if you ask me. Seems like they just wanted to unlink me due to the rev share I was getting rather than there actually being an issue with the channel itself. Also, my other channel has been inactive for FAR longer. Again ... suspicious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Without knowing their reasons behind this, as I'm not involved in that side of things and can only rely on and relay information to support team members and members of the forums, I do know that YouTube is cracking down on advertiser friendly content, also a lot of channels seem to be unlinked from networks and due to inactivity. While that may not be the reason for it, I can't say for definite, all I've been recommending in this case is for people to contact support regarding this to get more information. While I understand your frustration in the matter, your hostility isn't really going to help matters.

Also as mentioned by Anthony Smith a few days ago, with regards to a similar situation
"Sadly YouTube doesn't give us the same sort of "heads up" when they close a channel or issue strikes so giving you a grace period (though Ideal) would put us, and the rest of the #FreedomFamily at risk. This means that the only warning WE get is YouTubes very vague TOS, Community guidelines and the like. This also means that that's effectively the only warning we can afford to extend to partners at this time. We would love to get to a point where we could be more leisurely and extend time to fix issues however with the strict guidelines set by YouTube this is a luxury we simply don't have at this time."

Upvote 0

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Without knowing their reasons behind this, as I'm not involved in that side of things and can only rely on and relay information to support team members and members of the forums, I do know that YouTube is cracking down on advertiser friendly content, also a lot of channels seem to be unlinked from networks and due to inactivity. While that may not be the reason for it, I can't say for definite, all I've been recommending in this case is for people to contact support regarding this to get more information. While I understand your frustration in the matter, your hostility isn't really going to help matters.

Also as mentioned by Anthony Smith a few days ago, with regards to a similar situation
"Sadly YouTube doesn't give us the same sort of "heads up" when they close a channel or issue strikes so giving you a grace period (though Ideal) would put us, and the rest of the #FreedomFamily at risk. This means that the only warning WE get is YouTubes very vague TOS, Community guidelines and the like. This also means that that's effectively the only warning we can afford to extend to partners at this time. We would love to get to a point where we could be more leisurely and extend time to fix issues however with the strict guidelines set by YouTube this is a luxury we simply don't have at this time."

And there is the issue. The email is vague. It doesn't say anything.

Let me quote it for you.
The #FreedomFamily is constantly growing and evolving to better suit the needs of all our partners. We’re writing to inform you that your channel B-Bunny Gaming has been unlinked due to some concerns that we feel may lead to your channel to receive future strikes for copyright, terms of service, or other violations. We understand that your channel may currently be in good standing however, after an in depth analysis we have identified some key similarities between your channel and those being closed directly by YouTube for violations which can be read about more here and here.

Once you have reviewed your channel and believe that your channel is ready to rejoin our network and is free of these types of issues or that your channel was mistakenly unlinked, we encourage you to contact our support team directly here so that we can review your channel and resolve this matter.

In fact, let me just say this. Do you see where it says "after an in depth analysis?" If there was some sort of identified similarity ... how come it's not written and said straight up what exactly the similarities are? If it was so "in depth" how come it's not written, "in depth?"

At the end of the day, I am not going to bother contacting support because it's not like I am still doing youtube anyway, or well ... I am, but not frequently and I am focusing on art instead. But this email is just the dumbest crap I have ever read. There isn't anything on my channel as far as I am aware that is similar to channels being closed. There is no copyrighted content. I am fairly certain I don't curse often in my videos. Only used Freedom's music. Quite frankly, the only thing I can see here is Freedom is using an automated system, that clearly sucks and doesn't work well.

All well. Also, I used to be on the community team .. .the first one, so after that huge mess and after Freedom pretty much caused so many issues. I have not been very happy with them. So that is why I am coming off with hostility. I learned a lot about the behind the scenes crap that goes on. Not sure if it still is, but I will never support Freedom again.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
And there is the issue. The email is vague. It doesn't say anything.

Let me quote it for you.

In fact, let me just say this. Do you see where it says "after an in depth analysis?" If there was some sort of identified similarity ... how come it's not written and said straight up what exactly the similarities are? If it was so "in depth" how come it's not written, "in depth?"

At the end of the day, I am not going to bother contacting support because it's not like I am still doing youtube anyway, or well ... I am, but not frequently and I am focusing on art instead. But this email is just the dumbest crap I have ever read. There isn't anything on my channel as far as I am aware that is similar to channels being closed. There is no copyrighted content. I am fairly certain I don't curse often in my videos. Only used Freedom's music. Quite frankly, the only thing I can see here is Freedom is using an automated system, that clearly sucks and doesn't work well.

All well. Also, I used to be on the community team .. .the first one, so after that huge mess and after Freedom pretty much caused so many issues. I have not been very happy with them. So that is why I am coming off with hostility. I learned a lot about the behind the scenes crap that goes on. Not sure if it still is, but I will never support Freedom again.
Well at the end this is your choice, whether or not you chose to support Freedom is your decision to make. I understand your hostility based on what you have said - I can only go off what I have been told about this situation and we are still waiting on Freedoms! official stance on this. As for the indepth analysis they might not be writing this out 'in depth' as then people would now how to work around the system. Again this is just my personal opinion and once I hear anything official from Freedom! then I will gladly pass this onto the members of this forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.