YouTube Uploading "tags"

[ILYC]Rarity

Freedom! Member
Feb 11, 2016
Colorado
YouTube
Devilz666ILYC
I have never really understood the tag system. I know they help you get more views and video better seen but never really understood what i should put and best tags to use to get the most views

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Tags are a SEO tool the search algorithm uses to map your videos to searches. There are no "best tags to use to get more views", just describe the video in them, use similar tags to other highly ranking videos on your topic and use them reasonably. Your goal is to be high on the search page for as many short tags as possible pretty much.

Reactions: [ILYC]Rarity

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
Got some help for you, friend!

Holy geez! Combat Arms, that's a game I haven't touched since 2012.

Your video here has no tags, and essentially no metadata other than the title. YouTube will have a hard time putting it in the search engine because it just doesn't know what the video is about.

Examples for the tags could be: combat arms, steam, free, first person shooter, fun, video games, pentuple, opening, unboxing,

ALSO HERE'S A HUGE THING! You didn't put what game you're playing, I myself for instance am a variety uploader, which makes it hard for YouTube to judge the content of my videos, when I go into my advanced settings and upload a gaming video, I change the category to gaming and select the game. Now when people search up for say "Combat Arms" YouTube knows my video is on combat arms and will put it much higher than a video with no metadata!

Hope this helped, if you have a YouTube extension such as VidIQ/TubeBuddy you can def look at some of my video description/tag/title examples for more help, generally you want the title to be similar to the description, and the tags be similar to both of them.

Reactions: [ILYC]Rarity and LW
C

Corpfox

If you play the same game, you can copy/paste the tags to your next videos. Much easier than typing each tag.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Tubebuddy helps with this. Freedom use to give it to us. but dropped it.
Would check them out to help you get them and the most searched words.
DOn't forget that Freedom also gave us rapidtags.io - another site that can be used for tags and optimisation

Reactions: RockieGO