Solved Video Revenue not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmanencore

May 4, 2015
YouTube
Hi so Iv been with freedom for a couple of years now my channel still has not gone much further then I thought it would, so attempting a different approach on maybe going do the Tech route as that seems better for me and my channel. Here is the main reason im asking on here, I have a intel i 5 7500 video that has over 400 views on it is monetised but yet seems to make 0 revenue what so ever? Can any body tell me what im doing wrong or whether you have to get a certain amount of views or something to make even 10p? and yes i Know its not all about money im not on youtube just for that if i was I would of left years ago been on my channel since 2008 XD.
Thanks all
Also a poll question Tech reviews or gaming?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
You need 10 000 Views to have ads run on your content since April 2017. Looking at your channel you're not there but keep producing content and you'll be there in no time! (Case Study: My channel managed to hit it so anyone can)

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hi so Iv been with freedom for a couple of years now my channel still has not gone much further then I thought it would, so attempting a different approach on maybe going do the Tech route as that seems better for me and my channel. Here is the main reason im asking on here, I have a intel i 5 7500 video that has over 400 views on it is monetised but yet seems to make 0 revenue what so ever? Can any body tell me what im doing wrong or whether you have to get a certain amount of views or something to make even 10p? and yes i Know its not all about money im not on youtube just for that if i was I would of left years ago been on my channel since 2008 XD.
Thanks all
Also a poll question Tech reviews or gaming?
So just to clarify when your looking at this video in your revenue analytics on YouTube it isn't showing any kind of estimate revenue / ad revenue or YouTube red revenue? It could just be a simple case that those 400 views are counted as monetised views - so simply put those people who have watched it may have had ad blockers on or weren't shown any kinds of ads when watching

Upvote 0

madmanencore

May 4, 2015
YouTube
You need 10 000 Views to have ads run on your content since April 2017. Looking at your channel you're not there but keep producing content and you'll be there in no time! (Case Study: My channel managed to hit it so anyone can)
Thanks for reply is that views on a video or views on the channel it self just to clarify. Thanks
That’s good news keep it up

So just to clarify when your looking at this video in your revenue analytics on YouTube it isn't showing any kind of estimate revenue / ad revenue or YouTube red revenue? It could just be a simple case that those 400 views are counted as monetised views - so simply put those people who have watched it may have had ad blockers on or weren't shown any kinds of ads when watching
Yea basically when I look in the analytics it doesn’t show anything just 0.00, also just to ask do the ads get auto added or do I need to add them thanks

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
If you have monetisation enabled on your channel you would be able to specify what types of ads run on your videos, which you can select in the upload defaults of your YouTube dashboard - higlighted by the section call ad formats. As for showing them in your video you would need to select the option to monetise the video in your video manager - select the video and then go over to the monetisation heading

Upvote 0

madmanencore

May 4, 2015
YouTube
The views are for the entire channel. You'll have to enable monetization for your videos then.
ok cheers i have got 11631 channel views in total, monetization is turned on currently I have had some videos demonetized :( but the intel one that is monetised appears not to make revenue. Also is revenue based on views or subs or mix.
If you have monetisation enabled on your channel you would be able to specify what types of ads run on your videos, which you can select in the upload defaults of your YouTube dashboard - higlighted by the section call ad formats. As for showing them in your video you would need to select the option to monetise the video in your video manager - select the video and then go over to the monetisation heading
thanks for the detailed reply yea all appears to be turned on correctly. hm..

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
ok cheers i have got 11631 channel views in total, monetization is turned on currently I have had some videos demonetized :( but the intel one that is monetised appears not to make revenue. Also is revenue based on views or subs or mix.

thanks for the detailed reply yea all appears to be turned on correctly. hm..
Revenue is based on ads served a.k.a. views. Whether monetisation is enabled on your channel or not doesn't matter as YouTube stops serving ads on videos by channels with less than 10 000 Views.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.