VIDEOS LOOK A LOT WORSE ON YOUTUBE THAN IN EDITING SOFTWARE.

Jake Kapusta

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Hey there! I have a Canon 700D and use sony vegas pro 13 to edit my videos. However, YouTube makes my videos have some sort of weird tint and the saturation and contrast goes to **** and all that stuff. I know that YouTube compresses videos when it uploads them but I spend time in post adding colour correction and grading for nothing, I just wanna know how I can keep my video the exact same colour on YouTube as it is in my PC and editing software.

Please help!
- Jazza

AchilleanOfficial

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
www.youtube.com
Is h.264 good for 1080 dslr video?
I've upload videos in H.264. While they don't use DSLR, I would like to note that everything stays either the same, or extremely close to what I see in my video editing software. The only difference is the drop in quality, but even that is barely noticeable, and it's due to YouTube's compression of files. So yes, H.264 would be advantageous.

Jake Kapusta

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I've upload videos in H.264. While they don't use DSLR, I would like to note that everything stays either the same, or extremely close to what I see in my video editing software. The only difference is the drop in quality, but even that is barely noticeable, and it's due to YouTube's compression of files. So yes, H.264 would be advantageous.
What editing software do you use?

AstoraFPS

Freedom! Member
Export your videos in H.264, youtube compresses videos like mad, real 1080p looks better than what youtube displays at 4k, but keep in mind if you upload in 4k then that will deliver the best bitrate for your video making it look a lot clearer, but make sure you render your videos at a high bitrate so that youtube doesn't completely ruin them when they are compressed