Views or Subscribers?

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Basically this is just a opinion thread and have fun with this. Tell us why you pick views or subscribers.

To mine opinion I would like to have views over subs because you know how many people watch you video and not every subscriber going watch you videos and views can turn into subs. That mine opinion.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Always views, without views you dont have a channel quite simply. It's nice having subs of course but not all are going to watch your video. Subs look impressive especially when you see channels with 500 plus subs, but when you consider some may only get 20 views per video it shows a different story. This is why sub for sub is terrible for your channel. This is why I can't understand people only work with higher sub counts on collabs, but they should be looking at views per video instead to get a better idea of how many might be watching.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
My general speaking would be neither. Both can be majorly abused..
But if I had to choose one, it would have to be views.

The one that is the most legitimate metric - Subs
The one that increases your success - Views
The one that is deemed an achievement - Subs

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
My general speaking would be neither. Both can be majorly abused..
But if I had to choose one, it would have to be views.

The one that is the most legitimate metric - Subs
The one that increases your success - Views
The one that is deemed an achievement - Subs
I totally agree, both can be abused. However I find it easier to judge with views as if a channel doesn't have any but has many subs then you know it's a con.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
But vice versa, if they have many views but no subs, something doesn't add up..
True but that could also be down to the fact that your tags are great and your video looks are appealing but not enough to sub. It's easier to judge on views than subs but all can be faked so there's never a sure way tbh. This topic can be debated so much lol

Bakka Zigzag

Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
I have always been told views are far more important, but i prefer subs because to me it shows that some people are willing to take there own time and watch your content.

Charxander Origin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
I would have to say views are the more important stat. While it can be very motivating to see your sub count shoot up, as I can see some others have said, you really don't have a channel without views.

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

LollipopSWAG21

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 6, 2016
YouTube
The number of subscribers is just an illusion. It makes you think you have a lot of fans. I've got 35 subscribers but most of my videos have less than 35 views and no comments. (This is because I don't have a lot of contents but they will come soon). If my videos were viewed a lot and had a lot of comments (more positive than negative one), I would be more happy than if I had 100 subs and no views. Views are way more important because it means people have been watching your videos.

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
The number of subscribers is just an illusion. It makes you think you have a lot of fans. I've got 35 subscribers but most of my videos have less than 35 views and no comments. (This is because I don't have a lot of contents but they will come soon). If my videos were viewed a lot and had a lot of comments (more positive than negative one), I would be more happy than if I had 100 subs and no views. Views are way more important because it means people have been watching your videos.
Exactly, too many people get hung on up subs and forget its views that make your channel successful. There are people on here who only collab with high subs counts and i check their channel veiws and some are awful, there are people with over 200 subs yet only have 3 to 10 veiws per vid max, which just shows nobody watches the content. Its shocking how people dont check this.

physco mantiss

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
ireland
YouTube
I personally would think its views as views get your channel noticed the more views the bigger chance for subs. I would like comments tho above both.

Axeplosive

Rising User
Dec 14, 2014
YouTube
I always can appreciate views as a genuine metric which I can base my content around what content is more popular, but I feel as though Subscribers are more important long term. With subscribers, they are given notifications of your newly posted content (unless they've turned off notifications) but it also helps you view your channels growth over a period of time and provide motivation to keep pushing that number higher and higher.

Alfega Bani Pradana

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 10, 2016
JAKARTA
YouTube
alfega_pradana
More important than the subscriber viewer
because if you have a subscriber , the subscriber is already definitely watch the video you
even if you kindly subscriber then he would gladly share vide you to some social media

SUBSCRIBER IS A TREASURE FOR YOUTOBER

TheTenaciousGamer

Rising User
Sep 11, 2016
Views all the way Because otherwise you just have a pretty number next to your channel name.

please also check my channel out guys would mean alot.

Dezy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
New Orleans
YouTube
d3zydration
See, I think the two go hand-in-hand, and while I'm inclined to say view count is more important, I believe that sub count is equally as important. In my experience, the higher the sub count, the more people have given me the time of day in the first place. So essentially, I think the higher your sub count, the more people will be inclined to actually take a look at your content. That's just speaking from my experience, though.

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Neither. The most important is watch time minutes. Nothing matters if no one is spending time watching your content. Higher watch time may also affect higher earnings.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Neither. The most important is watch time minutes. Nothing matters if no one is spending time watching your content. Higher watch time may also affect higher earnings.
Agreed, but that wasnt the question, we couldve all picked somthing better.