Virtual Reality

Alan Lyne

Rising User
Mar 1, 2016
Dublin
YouTube
So what is everyone's opinion on VR?
I will be making a video soon about it so would like to get some feed back :)
Is it a gimmick or something revolutionary?
Let me know and you might get a shout out on my video!

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
Virtual reality is touchy. It's every persons dream to be able to enhance their life beyond the standard that they could normally achieve. We all wish to be in video games, but the way that it currently is, it's more of a gimmick to sell more of a product, because all you can really do as an average game developer is rig the VR system to your game which leads to motion sickness most of the time, or make a stand still simulator where you stare at cool things. It's very hard to say how long it'll take, but I believe that eventually VR will reach the revolution that we all dreamed of like every kid dreamed to have a hoverboard when they watched back to the future, but in this state it's a gimmick if it's sold now. Not to say that they aren't making great strides in the study, but that's the study not the actual production and selling of the genre of game.

Reactions: Alan Lyne

Alan Lyne

Rising User
Mar 1, 2016
Dublin
YouTube
Virtual reality is touchy. It's every persons dream to be able to enhance their life beyond the standard that they could normally achieve. We all wish to be in video games, but the way that it currently is, it's more of a gimmick to sell more of a product, because all you can really do as an average game developer is rig the VR system to your game which leads to motion sickness most of the time, or make a stand still simulator where you stare at cool things. It's very hard to say how long it'll take, but I believe that eventually VR will reach the revolution that we all dreamed of like every kid dreamed to have a hoverboard when they watched back to the future, but in this state it's a gimmick if it's sold now. Not to say that they aren't making great strides in the study, but that's the study not the actual production and selling of the genre of game.
Really Liking your argument. I have the fear that one day we will live in a world where we dont use our bodies any more and we just create our own picture of perfection and let it lose. As if life turns into a video that never ends.
Its almost comparable to the matrix in a way.

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
Really Liking your argument. I have the fear that one day we will live in a world where we dont use our bodies any more and we just create our own picture of perfection and let it lose. As if life turns into a video that never ends.
Its almost comparable to the matrix in a way.
I actually don't mind that type of life. If the reality we live is one that we make and we know no other, then there is no reality outside that that matters. I can also make the argument that life is worth living because of the hardships, but in some cases it's better of to give someone the world they want because they've worked hard for it.

Alan Lyne

Rising User
Mar 1, 2016
Dublin
YouTube
I actually don't mind that type of life. If the reality we live is one that we make and we know no other, then there is no reality outside that that matters. I can also make the argument that life is worth living because of the hardships, but in some cases it's better of to give someone the world they want because they've worked hard for it.
Yeah I agree with your ending statement.
It could lead to a problem where when someone sees someone they dont believe is what they want in their "ideal world", it could lead to trouble where people believe they can change whatever they want.
It could even lead to people having their own little bubble world were its only inhabitants is npc.