Not open for further replies.

mrgchannel2016

New User
Freedom! Member
Apr 8, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hi everybody,

I want to discussion about a problem with YouTube. Somebody uses my picture in own Video and upload it on YouTube. What can I do to stop it. Freedom can help me, is it?

Kenta Mattsson (KM)

New User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
Sweden
YouTube
Kenta_Gamer_swe
Activities such as copying a user's channel layout, using a similar username emails, or videos may be considered harassment on youtube.
So would recommend you to go here and fill in the form on YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/reportabuse
Have myself encountered this a couple of times and reported it to youtube as harassment.

That youtube will require you to have proof that the image the video is yours

Reactions: diondro bowles
Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey mrgchannel,

Freedom! can help you with copyright though due to the amount of support tickets they have at the moment you're faster at doing it by yourself.
If you believe someone has used your content in a way not covered by Fair Use (Your content is the main part of the video or the video uses it to harm the original) you can actually strike it down. Could you link me the "copied" content in question so that I can possibly check it out?

Reactions: Kenta Mattsson (KM)
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned above if someone is using your pictures of content, and this is not / can't be covered by fair use then you could consider reporting this as abuse. Though note that certain images etc may be classed as in the 'public domain' and as such wouldn't be applicable for copyright meaning that everyone could use these without risk. If they are blatantly reuploading your content then this could also be removed

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Could you guide me use Google Complaint Form? Thanks. it's own video: TX11uVeTDyE (Mr Giggle), and somebody re-up it on YouTube: H19-cNo5v1E
Based off what you have said I would say go for the 'Impersonation' option and then enter the channel URL of the person reuploading your videos as their own. You could also go so far as to flag the video as copyright and see if you could get this taken down as well, but thats really up to you and how far you wish to take it

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Upvote 0
Status