What is Healthy Growth

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
Hi all,

I have been on You Tube for 5 months and have just turned 171 subs as or writing this. Thats 171 subscribers in just over 5 months which averages out to be about 1 to 2 subs every day (according to Social Blade).

Is that Healthy?

What I mean is, is that good growth for a new channel or below/above average. Well maybe we need to discover what average is first right?

As there is no way that I know to compare myself with other channels than looking on social blade at other channels, what have you all experienced with your channels.

Ozmodion

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
"Good growth" can only be defined by the user, so I'm going to give my definition of "good growth".

Good growth [to me] is when the growth is sustained and predictable. Such as a stable 10 subscribers per day or more on average. That's good growth. However, good growth should also be a label of some promise to the future gains and returns on your channel. So [to me] true 'good growth' would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 100-200 subscribers per day with a return rate of 4:1.

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
Grow? .__.

The most important is to have activity on your ontent, and not only subscribers. I don't want to offend anybody, but subscribers doesn't really mean something: you can have 200 subs inactive and 1 sub who comments on every video that you make. Also people comes and leave, so I don't think that you should focus on subscribers.

If you have a constent amount of views, comments, likes, etc everyday then you're good and you should focus on that ^__^ if you take time everyday to talk with people who comments on your videos for exemple, they will appreciate you and then talk about your channel to their friends or something like that. Then your channel will grow.

My advice would be to talk with more people if you think that you don't have enought views or anything

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
It's not that im worried about the amount of subs im getting or the views/comments/likes etc, i was just wondering if what im doing and how my channel is growing, whether that is fast or slow or steady, thats all. I dont get myself mixed up in....oh i got more subs than you etc etc..was just curious

Reactions: Machi

TechNoboOrig

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
South Africa
www.YouTube.com
YouTube
I earn between 10 - 40 new subscribers a day, which is very good growth.
For a channel of your size, it isn't an amazing amount of growth but it is relatively substantial :)
Keep with regular uploads and they should increase

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
Well i have no clue how much my growth is, i'm on youtube for 2 years but began doing daily since a couple months. Since i began doing daily things went better.
With my channel is happens in spikes. I recieve nothing for a couple days and then all of a sudden a couple and so on.
Do you use Heatbeat.tm Extension for chrome? if so it can tell you how many subs per day your growing.

Reactions: Machi

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
yes im now hitting about 3 to 4 subs a day, so as far as the "snowball effect" goes, i have increased from 1 sub a day to what i get now.

Have you guys experienced the "snowball effect"?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Do you use Heatbeat.tm Extension for chrome? if so it can tell you how many subs per day your growing.
No i don't use it as i actually never check my analystics that much....
I only check what search tags are used most and Views and Subs is something i'll discover in time but not where my focus is.

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
That is an amazing growth!

Well compared to me, I got to this many in, what since 2011? Then again my peak was in 2012-2013.
What ever you do, try not to stay in hiatus for too long! That might make your viewers forget about you - or even unsubscribe since they can't remember why they subbed in the first place.

Look at the analytics, try to see what videos is bringing in the subscribers / views and try to improve from there. Obviously they are interested in what you publish