What it's like to be a full time Youtube content creator.

Anthomnia

Jul 14, 2015
YouTube
Many of you reading this either hope youtube becomes a full time job for you or you're working towards it being full time. Either fame or money drive you or just your passion to create videos.

I'm going to give you my input being a full time content creator and my experiences.

Being full time is great. Having a income to make videos online and provide for yourself is something i can't even begin to describe the feeling of. Being self employed has it's perks and downsides. Though it is something i enjoy very much.

The upside to Youtube is believe it or not even a channel my size can easily pull in a six figure yearly salary if you know how to run advertisements and have good watch time on your videos. Months in Quarter 4 are especially good for income as advertisement company's push more and more ads heading into December.

The fact you can have thousands of adoring fans that watch your videos every day and come back for more is also incredible in it's own way.

The down side is when your channel begins to go down in views. It's incredibly easy to mess something up or make the wrong videos to frequently and kill off your returning viewer base. It's also very easy for other content creators to get the jump on videos before you do and you take a loss. Watching your views go down and knowing you may not be full time for long can be something super scary and you need to budget correctly and put money away in case it happens so you can dig yourself out.

Full time youtube is not just about playing games and having fun. Unfortunately when you have bills to pay you can lose that spark to create videos once you know you have no choice but to make them or go without the earnings.

That said it's incredibly fun and convenient to be a full time content creator and if you do it correctly it can be VERY easy to grow and keep a trend going up.

TL;DR

Youtube can stress everyone out when you go full time. Enjoy the climb and decide if you want it to be something you do day in and day out as a job or just a hobby.

Reactions: zeke morgan