What laptop do you use for gaming?

jd22292

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2016
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
YouTube
What do you guys use for gaming PCs and how have they held up for you? Also, what's a good gaming PC to upgrade to?

The reason I ask is because I'm currently using a Lenovo G50 with AMD Radeon graphics cards. A friend of mine and I had issues with AMD in the past, so I'm looking to switch to a more powerful laptop.

Current PC Specs:
Lenovo G50
HDD: 1TB
SSD: 25GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R4
Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU, 1.8GHz, Quad Core
All components non-upgradable

Amethyst Airr

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 13, 2016
United States
YouTube
I have the RoG G750JW upgraded to 12GB ram, 1TB 5400rpm drive and 1TB SSD. I got it like two years ago but it still holds up really nicely on most every game I've played :)

The Wiber

Rising User
Feb 7, 2016
YouTube
Gaming laptop?! Cmon, you are kidding me :D They have never been designed for gaming (even "gaming" laptops). Buying "gaming" laptop is waste of money. (12 gb of RAM... you made my day:DD)

Amethyst Airr

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 13, 2016
United States
YouTube
Gaming laptop?! Cmon, you are kidding me :D They have never been designed for gaming (even "gaming" laptops). Buying "gaming" laptop is waste of money. (12 gb of RAM... you made my day:DD)
No need to be derogatory. Sure, I could have spent the money better on a desktop, but I play games at my friend's house weekly and it would be a pain to lug the computer, a monitor, plus a keyboard + mouse back and forth just so we could play together. Like I said, even though it's two years old, it runs most every game I've played on high-ultra graphics with only 1-2 I've tried needing to be set to medium.

PixelatedAngel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
YouTube
I work in Information Technology at my work. Lets go over your specs in detail:

Current PC Specs:
Lenovo G50

Pros: Brightest display; Lightest in class; Relatively fast hard drive; Very affordable
Cons: Worst-in-class battery life; Unresponsive keyboard; Disposable feel

Pros: Best OS currently, stable, updated
Cons: Little bugs, some games may not currently work with this OS,

HDD: 1TB

Pros: Lots of space, video storage, may include bays
Cons: Depends on hard drive brand

SSD: 25GB

Pros: Fast startup, Programs running a "little" faster than before. Putting your OS on this drive is Highly recommended.
Cons: Depends on brand. Look at the reviews!

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Pros: Fast but not to fast
Cons: Would up the Ram to 16GB for Gaming

Graphics: AMD Radeon R4

Pros: Very good graphics card, i would reccomend this. I have this card and it's fantastic. I love every bit of it.
Cons: People say AMD cards get a little hot, but i never had a problem.

Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU, 1.8GHz, Quad Core

Pros: Very well put together proccessor, Quad Core is reccomended.
Cons: None!

Hope i helped you. If you need more information, don't feel afraid to direct message me!