What makes a good review?

AdventuresOWUM

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2015
Australia
YouTube
AdventuresOWUM
Hi all,

Just wanted to start a thread to discuss what people think makes a good review video? I've watched a few recently on youtube and have attempted to make some previously of my own, also have had to do some radio format reviews in my previous year of study; But I have just been thinking, what is it that makes a good review in video format?
What is more important, covering all the contents of the product or more detail into how it all works?

whats the perfect balance, and what is a good time frame to work within?

Just some random thoughts that I have been going over while watching others work and wanted to know what everyone else thinks.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Be specific.
If I said to somebody: "Your banner needs changing" - How is that supposed to help you?
  • What should it be changed to?
  • Should I find a GFX editor to create me a banner and logo all in one?
  • Is there specific colours that fit well?
Not only that, they need to be easily changeable.
Saying that someone needs to work on making funnier content isn't something that they can easily change, that is why whenever I make reviews, I specifically say that the humour rating is OPINION based.

Finally, if you can give any examples of something that would suit it, let them see it, we grow as a family, so we want to help each other as much as we can!