What Mic do you use?

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
For voiceovers, I'm using a Yeti at the moment but my dream mic setup would be something like a Rode Podcaster or an AT2020 XLR and a Scarlett Solo.

For footage, I use either a Rode Videomic Pro attached to my camera, or some cheapo lavalier microphone attached to my Zoom H1. Dream setup in that case would be a Senheiser MK600, or Sony ECM-44B to Zoom H4n.

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
For voiceovers, I'm using a Yeti at the moment but my dream mic setup would be something like a Rode Podcaster or an AT2020 XLR and a Scarlett Solo.

For footage, I use either a Rode Videomic Pro attached to my camera, or some cheapo lavalier microphone attached to my Zoom H1. Dream setup in that case would be a Senheiser MK600, or Sony ECM-44B to Zoom H4n.
Rode Podcaster is a really good podcaste microphone and for Youtube I think AT2020 is really nice

Reactions: Danny

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I'm rocking the Blue Yeti for the PC and the Rode VideoMic Pro for the DSLR. To be honest I wouldn't worry about upgrading from the Yeti to an XLR. With the right optimisation, a yeti is just as good in my opinion. Crazy good microphones.

DostThouEvenDerp

Rising User
Jan 18, 2018
Coram, NY
YouTube
IMG_1535.JPG
So I use a Blue Yeti right now but I'm interested in what the people of the community use, I'm also thinking of upgrading to an XLR mic.

I just recently got a Blue Yeti as well! I absolutely love it! I run a program called Voice Meter Banana to fine tune the output and it works beautifully!! I don't think I will ever need to upgrade it!

Unless you need a professional studio mic set up for high end audio for sound effects or voice acting/voice recording the Blue Yeti is probably the best all around mic. Affordable too. I got mine on sale for $100! Was a complete steal!!

I also DIY'd myself a pop filter out of a kitchen strainer! XD lol The little light was for my face!! I didnt have any lighting at all when I took that photo lol

Last edited:

Drawyah

Respected User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
steamcommunity.com
YouTube
DrawyahYT
I use a Floureon BM-800. A VERY cheap studio microphone which does an absolute smashing job! Check out some of my videos for the quality of the mic. (Phantom Power was also not a requirement which was a bonus!)

some very nice Mic's. sadly i just use a Logtec webcam, with tissues over it. :(
Ha ha, reminds me of my very early days on YouTube using my HP webcam as a microphone! [emoji23] Good times were had.

Reactions: RockieGO

DostThouEvenDerp

Rising User
Jan 18, 2018
Coram, NY
YouTube
some very nice Mic's. sadly i just use a Logtec webcam, with tissues over it. :(

Well that is certainly one way of doing it! XD

Although that's not nearly as bad as when my headset broke, and I would use the folding mount on my Logitech webcam and clip the webcam to my shirt collar and use it as a mic! XD