What Processor is better Intel or AMD

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
I bought intel i5 4690s and I'm completely satisfied with him. I was working on i7 for a while and the difference is maybe 15% in terms of speed. I would rather put that money in additional storage!

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Honestly It really depends on what your going to be using your computer for...

Intel - Heavy Gaming, Intensive application use, rendering, workstation, Mainly for High Budget systems.

AMD - Cheap(Price) , Decent at Workstation, Gaming, Video editing, Mainly for Medium budget systems or AMD Fans.

Overall - Intel is the higher end product due to releasing more efficient products yearly, the last time AMD released a CPU that wasn't an APU was about 3-4 years back(Their highest end cpu, 9590)

Hope this helps.

~Zac's Custom

Killercon

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Amd to better for Graphic Designing because Amd has more cores and threads and its cheaper but Intel is better for gaming

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Amd to better for Graphic Designing because Amd has more cores and threads and its cheaper but Intel is better for gaming
AMD Offers 8 Cores and 8 Threads, it's not hyper threaded, it is however Hyper Transported, it's similar to that of Intel's Hyper Threading, but the Core's themselves aren't strong enough to compare to Intel's 5960x which is a 8 Core 16 Threaded processor(Current Highest End CPU for Consumers, not including the Intel E3 E5 line up)

AMD - Great performance to price, worth it in the long run.

Intel - High End Performance, kinda expensive... but worth it in the long run.

What it comes down to is this... Do you want to wait longer for a task to complete? Or do you want to get it done as fast as you can and not worry about how much it costs?

I run a AMD Build, because it's cheaper than Intel, sure it's not efficient or great for Video editing, but from my perspective it gets the job done right, and on time when I need it.

I had a 4790k build(Intel), with a GTX 980 Ti(Nvidia), Sure it was a high end build, cost me about $1500 to make it personally, but the price to performance didn't justify the cost for me, so I settled with a FX 8320, and a R9 390 for the Best Price To Performance, that I could find.

Best of luck~

~Zac's Custom

GeekyXtra

New User
Dec 18, 2015
YouTube
GeekzterReviews
Well there is no clear winner in the cpu fight but if you are just going to game and to some light video rendering on a budget amd is the way to go but if you have a bit more cash to spend I would go the intel way with one of the more high end i5 or maybe even a core i7!

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Intel is the best, I get around 150 fps on minecraft on Intel
Minecraft is 50/50 CPU/GPU intensive depending on what kind of configuration your running.

AMD FX 8320 with a 980 Ti - You'd get around 700FPS Steadily with Optifine, no mods, or texture packs or graphic settings changed for max detail.

I7 6700k with 980 Ti - You'd get around 1000FPS with Optifine, no mods, or texture packs or graphic settings changed for max detail.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom

AdrizzPlays

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
Minecraft is 50/50 CPU/GPU intensive depending on what kind of configuration your running.

AMD FX 8320 with a 980 Ti - You'd get around 700FPS Steadily with Optifine, no mods, or texture packs or graphic settings changed for max detail.

I7 6700k with 980 Ti - You'd get around 1000FPS with Optifine, no mods, or texture packs or graphic settings changed for max detail.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom
No idea what you are talking about, sorry

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
No idea what you are talking about, sorry
I'm just telling you, or anyone who would like to know, what kind of FPS difference you'd see with a FX based processor, when compared to an I7 based processor when playing Minecraft.

Best Of Luck!

~Zac's Custom