When is best for a giveaway?

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
thanks man for you input i think i decided on doing a game giveaway at 1k, but honestly what i think im gonna do it is make it so that its not only for subscribers and just make it so that everyone can enter the giveaway

That honestly isn't a bad idea. I recommend using the gleam app for that and at least point people towards your channel and any other social media site you're part of for your channel:

https://gleam.io/?via=155306

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
That honestly isn't a bad idea. I recommend using the gleam app for that and at least point people towards your channel and any other social media site you're part of for your channel:

https://gleam.io/?via=155306
i have this thing im not sure if its from having heart beat or tube buddy but it can pick a random comment for being a winner for the give away type thing so i dont think i need to worry about the winning thing. the only problem i think i will have is getting people to enter lol

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I think you should only do a giveaway when the odds of a particular person winning are minimized. So wait until you have 1k or 2k subscribers with several active commentors. Then, when you actually do the giveaway, have it restricted to existing subscribers only so that way people won't flood in for the giveaway and then vanish afterwards. It might be best to have the giveaway embedded in a video without any extra-video advertisement for it so only the fans that care will actually have a chance at winning.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I think you should only do a giveaway when the odds of a particular person winning are minimized. So wait until you have 1k or 2k subscribers with several active commentors. Then, when you actually do the giveaway, have it restricted to existing subscribers only so that way people won't flood in for the giveaway and then vanish afterwards. It might be best to have the giveaway embedded in a video without any extra-video advertisement for it so only the fans that care will actually have a chance at winning.
im pretty much doing this first one for everyone so that it give everyone a chance to win and it bring protensal subscribers as well, and then do a bigger giveaway at like 2k for just subscribers then 3k everyone and 4 k subs again and so on and son on thats pretty much how i have planned it at the moment

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
im pretty much doing this first one for everyone so that it give everyone a chance to win and it bring protensal subscribers as well, and then do a bigger giveaway at like 2k for just subscribers then 3k everyone and 4 k subs again and so on and son on thats pretty much how i have planned it at the moment
You don't want to do that because you'll end up with people who are just going to subscribe for the giveaway and never come back unless you put up another giveaway video. They won't care about your other content as they just want free stuff... and it's long been debunked that saying "subscribe and stay active" as a requirement doesn't really work as a motivator to get people to stay, even during the giveaway, let alone after.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
You don't want to do that because you'll end up with people who are just going to subscribe for the giveaway and never come back unless you put up another giveaway video. They won't care about your other content as they just want free stuff... and it's long been debunked that saying "subscribe and stay active" as a requirement doesn't really work as a motivator to get people to stay, even during the giveaway, let alone after.
i have never said that in a video "subscribe and be active" but the ones that i do for my subscribers will be the giveaways that i wont advertise anywhere im not doing any of this to gain subs or views my view on it is to give back to the whole of the youtube community that includes none youtubers and none subscribers as they are still a part of the youtube community :) so to me everyone should have a fair chance at winning something even without being a subscriber

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I'm planning on doing monthly giveaways. I started one this month and have seen an increase in views and watch time and revenue increase. The revenue increase is a plus meaning I can keep doing more giveaways and eventually down the road do bigger giveaways.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I'm planning on doing monthly giveaways. I started one this month and have seen an increase in views and watch time and revenue increase. The revenue increase is a plus meaning I can keep doing more giveaways and eventually down the road do bigger giveaways.
the bigger the better it is :D me i just feel like its tie to give back to the youtube community :) which is why i will do it at 1k i dont think i could do a monthly giveaway