when will youtube stop??

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I really don't think it ever will. Even if things change, such as platforms people view videos on, all youtube would have to do is adapt.

DailyTuber

Sep 26, 2015
YouTube
I think the only way it will stop is if someone creates a better platform to upload videos. Although as it's owned by google they will probably just adapt to make it better or just buy out any competition.

But, but... Who likes G+ other than Google? I hate how Google took over the YouTube and everything that they done to it. Been using it since 2009 and oh boy did it change, I hate the "modern" layout.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
But, but... Who likes G+ other than Google? I hate how Google took over the YouTube and everything that they done to it. Been using it since 2009 and oh boy did it change, I hate the "modern" layout.

Ya, but regardless .. it still exists because of google and it still is causing them to lose money but they continue to keep it up. So honestly .. be thankful they decided to take such a hit. Other wise youtube would have died a long long time ago.

DailyTuber

Sep 26, 2015
YouTube
Ya, but regardless .. it still exists because of google and it still is causing them to lose money but they continue to keep it up. So honestly .. be thankful they decided to take such a hit. Other wise youtube would have died a long long time ago.

I cant agree on that. YouTube wouldn't die any time soon as it is pretty large social platform which was know worldwide as soon as it launched to public, well not as soon but soon later.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I cant agree on that. YouTube wouldn't die any time soon as it is pretty large social platform which was know worldwide as soon as it launched to public, well not as soon but soon later.

I am not talking about now. I am talking about before it was owned by google. There is a reason it was purchased by them and that is because it wasn't doing well. If google never purchased it, then hell ya it would have shut down regardless of what you think. That is a simple fact. You can't keep a business open if you don't have the money too regardless of how popular it is.

Just to give you an idea, google has owned youtube now for 9 years and they still make no profit off of it. They are just roughly breaking even.

I mean seriously .. just look it up and you will see that if it wasn't for google .. it simply couldn't exist. So please go and read up on your facts before you disagree.

DailyTuber

Sep 26, 2015
YouTube
I am not talking about now. I am talking about before it was owned by google. There is a reason it was purchased by them and that is because it wasn't doing well. If google never purchased it, then hell ya it would have shut down regardless of what you think. That is a simple fact. You can't keep a business open if you don't have the money too regardless of how popular it is.

Just to give you an idea, google has owned youtube now for 9 years and they still make no profit off of it. They are just roughly breaking even.

I mean seriously .. just look it up and you will see that if it wasn't for google .. it simply couldn't exist. So please go and read up on your facts before you disagree.

I looked it up and didn't find a single fact that YouTube would die out if there wasn't google and I doubt that something wort $1.65 billion at that time in 2006 would fail.

Minoumimi

Founder Of GameByteTV Network
Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2014
Canada
www.gamebytetv.com
YouTube
networkgbtv
i agree youtube would never die. Maybe change but never die.
Someone bought the domain named sex.com for 15 millions even if it had lawsuits against it
Some others paid 10m for investing.com
So even if anyone currently involved lost interests they would obviously sell the franchise and someone else would pick up the domain name for a few billions
And google is not the reason youtube is still alive at all...
if anything it is the reason why so many people dislikes it and why it is not making has much has it used to.
they waste so much money on coding failures trying to implement horrible crap that we all hate..
then the community has to deal with it or most doesn't and tried to find new ways
and google do make tons of money threw advertising..what are you saying..
they get a share of *every single* youtube earnings that's monetized, your really think they give you 100% profit?
But
All it takes is 1 nicer themed website with a tiny advertising or better earnings for creators
and it can go viral and change the game
So we never know, but i doubt it will go away anytime soon

Reactions: Hicksu

BTV

New User
Nov 16, 2015
YouTube
The only way it will stop is if someone creates a better platform to upload videos but that is imposible.
Becouse youtube-google have so much money and they invest more and more to make yt comunity better.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
youtube end. that is a joke. i hate to say this, youtube is own by google and they got lot power behind them. plus youtube make lot of money. youtube will find it way every time someone take take it on. it always been strong.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I looked it up and didn't find a single fact that YouTube would die out if there wasn't google and I doubt that something wort $1.65 billion at that time in 2006 would fail.

You don't need to look up that youtube would die, what you need to look up is how much money they where losing. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that a business that is losing money has a chance of going out of business. If google didn't buy it .. of course it would have gone out of business unless you can't put two and two together.

Heck .. I don't even know why you are arguing with me, these are facts. There is no business in the world that can simply continue without money. What on earth do you think they would have done if no one purchased the company?

Also ... what makes you think it was worth $1.65 billion? Just because google purchased it for that price doesn't mean it was worth it. Again, they have not made a damned cent off of it. So how can you say it's worth $1.65 billion?

In 2009
http://venturebeat.com/2009/10/09/youtube-now-serves-more-than-1-billion-money-losing-views-per-day/

Still in 2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-years-purchased-Google-billion-viewers.html

The only reason youtube still exists is because of google. No other company besides maybe the big players, such as Microsoft, Amazon, and Apple could keep such a service running. So again .. if google didn't purchase it .. exactly how do you think they could have kept it running?[DOUBLEPOST=1447954896][/DOUBLEPOST]
i agree youtube would never die. Maybe change but never die.
Someone bought the domain named sex.com for 15 millions even if it had lawsuits against it
Some others paid 10m for investing.com
So even if anyone currently involved lost interests they would obviously sell the franchise and someone else would pick up the domain name for a few billions
And google is not the reason youtube is still alive at all...
if anything it is the reason why so many people dislikes it and why it is not making has much has it used to.
they waste so much money on coding failures trying to implement horrible crap that we all hate..
then the community has to deal with it or most doesn't and tried to find new ways
and google do make tons of money threw advertising..what are you saying..
they get a share of *every single* youtube earnings that's monetized, your really think they give you 100% profit?
But
All it takes is 1 nicer themed website with a tiny advertising or better earnings for creators
and it can go viral and change the game
So we never know, but i doubt it will go away anytime soon

Would you people please learn to do some dang research ... holy crap. Or maybe read the news? It's well known Google isn't making money from youtube. Stop just assuming things without evidence.

It's been all over the internet about how they are still losing money .. even today.

Here let me do the work for you.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/viewers-dont-add-up-to-profit-for-youtube-1424897967
http://www.businessinsider.com/youtube-still-doesnt-make-google-any-money-2015-2
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2015/02/27/10-years-youtube-still-isnt-profitable/
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...snt-profitable-so-what-should-google-inc.aspx
http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/youtube-a-billion-users-and-still-no-profit/
http://www.thestreet.com/story/1311...reason-why-youtube-may-not-be-profitable.html

I mean seriously .. it's literally all over.

Even back in 2010 they where talking about it.
http://www.neowin.net/news/youtube-still-not-profitable-but-its-close

Why on earth do you think they are doing Youtube Red now? It's because they are not able to break even and now they are trying new things in hope to actually make it a profitable service.

Also .. your arguments about the layout and such is a joke. You seem to be under the assumption that everyone is like you and doesn't like the layout. As if the layout is the problem lol.
Jeez ... I guess it's to be expected when you have people talking about crap they don't have a clue about.

Last edited:

Minoumimi

Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2014
Canada
www.gamebytetv.com
YouTube
networkgbtv
((Quote)) Would you people please learn to do some dang research ... holy crap. Or maybe read the news? It's well known Google isn't making money from youtube. Stop just assuming things without evidence.

Your the one that needs to calm the heck down....
You are totally misinformed and pretty much calling all of us ignorant and dumb

Your a Clueless rager that needs anger management therapy with a horrible attitude
Stop reading and believing all you see...
Don't you think has a network owner i am a bit aware of whats going on with youtube?

i create websites and work under youtube for many years i know what the heck i am saying
And pff yes layouts changes alot...your so clueless and mad its funny...your such a troll
Stop reading your little Sunday crap Articles Made by clueless people
Make a real Tax report then show me if you want to keep calling me dumb and ignorant

your the one that is under the assumption that you are right when you are not..
overracting and using badly researched posts isnt anyway to proove a point

calm down or leave the subject

Last edited:

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Your the one that needs to calm the heck down....
You are totally misinformed and pretty much calling all of us ignorant and dumb

Your a Clueless rager that needs anger management therapy with a horrible attitude

Oh, because I made an argument .. I need anger management? I didn't call anyone here dumb. Ignorant? Possibly .. nothing wrong with being ignorant on a particular subject.

Stop reading and believing all you see...
Don't you think has a network owner i am a bit aware of whats going on with youtube?

An argument from authority? How about proof .. that usually works better?

i create websites and work under youtube for many years i know what the heck i am saying

Again argument from authority. I also create websites ... doesn't really mean anything. Also . .you don't work directly for youtube and even if you did, that doesn't mean you would know their financial situation.

And pff yes layouts changes alot...your so clueless and mad its funny...your such a troll

The layout does change a lot, but not everyone hates those changes.

Stop reading your little Sunday crap Articles Made by clueless people

Ya .. and where exactly is your sources from, because as far as I am concerned you have none.

Make a real Tax report then show me if you want to keep calling me dumb and ignorant

Again, never called you dumb. You most certainly are ignorant on the subject though. You seem to think you know more about the company than the company itself making the reports.

your the one that is under the assumption that you are right when you are not

I am the one who has sources and proof. You are just making baseless claims, and using an argument from authority.

overracting and using badly researched posts isnt anyway to proove a point

Sure .. and arguments from authority is soooo much better right?

Edit:

BTW ... here is another argument from authority, but in this case the person is a whole lot more reliable than you are. Felix, aka PewDiePie.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...rs-devastating-for-smaller-channels-pewdiepie

To quote "one of the biggest reasons for the introduction of the service is that despite having 1 billion users, YouTube is still losing money."

So who am I going to believe, you ... or countless articles and reports, along with the top youtuber also saying the same thing?

If you want to prove you are right .. you are going to have to do a better job than just claiming you know. That isn't an argument.

Last edited:

Minoumimi

Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2014
Canada
www.gamebytetv.com
YouTube
networkgbtv
i am done lol... that horribly useless long post of yours
not going to waste my time on even reading all of it.. you clearly are way too hard headed
that comment reply proves it all your only trying to back yourself up and i don't have time to play with you

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
i am done lol... that horribly useless long post of yours
not going to waste my time on even reading all of it.. you clearly are way too hard headed
that comment reply proves it all your only trying to back yourself up and i don't have time to play with you

The fact you can't read through the entire thing says a lot about you and your arguments. It's not even that long of a post XD.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
yep im too busy to waste my time with this.. says it all does it..
not everyone is able to grab his bum spamming posts on a forum

I don't spam posts on this forum. I have just been here a while lol. Also, if you are too busy to prove your arguments, then maybe you shouldn't even start it in the first place .. ya? I also find that it's interesting that you have the time to attack my character rather than supporting your own arguments.

I mean, I think it's pretty sad you come here making claims and are incapable of backing those claims with evidence of some sort. Instead you just claim you know because you own a network, as if that makes you knowledgeable on their financial situations. Then on top you disregard everything that is posted at various sources and claim as if they are unreliable, again without any evidence. When in fact the sources I posted are as reliable as any. It's not even one source either, not even a few .. it's everywhere. It has been common knowledge that youtube hasn't been breaking even. For a very very long time.