Why haven't you quit youtube yet?

Dunkin4donuts

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
I'm just having one of those days where I am lacking some motivation.

So why haven't you quit youtube yet? What keeps you moving forward?:)

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I don't really run my channel as a continuous show, just make videos when I have time or feel like it. So there is no real quitting, if I don't make videos people can still watch my channel. Maybe write some ideas down on paper, I find that usually helps and you can use that as a goal to work towards.

TheFriendlyBroski

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 4, 2014
London
YouTube
Because I know I create good videos, I know my viewers enjoy them and since I only have 39 videos and 437 subscribers...
I am obviously doing something right.
Most importantly, I am having fun.

RichPlay8

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 19, 2016
UK
YouTube
Richplay8
I haven't quit as I enjoy playing games when I get time and record it for fun... As long as its fun and you're enjoying yourself then that helps.

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Well, since I started posting tutorials on my channel, I have never felt like quitting. A couple of reasons, if I had to name a few, would be...
  • I love Game Development. It's something I really enjoy doing.
  • I love making Game Development tutorials because I love sharing my knowledge. Again, something I really enjoy doing.
  • I'm always learning new things.
  • I know my tutorials are helping people.
There are probably more reasons why I have never felt that I should quit. But these are a few.

Last edited:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Well since gaming is a hobby of mine and i enjoy livestreaming my content and interacting with my viewers in the chat is the reason why i haven't quit.

Doing it for 3 years now and yes i know my content isn't amazing as mostly it is gameplay only and since i couple days i use mic and cam from time to time. But besides that i still enjoy doing it :)

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I have been doing this for more than 2 years almost 2 and a half years and I did had some hard times figuring out a way of continuing this and I started believing that I make the crappiest commentary and some people also told its becoming boring and I started even believing more and one thing turned into another and I started feeling that ain't good for nothing but sometimes these friends that I made on youtube they helped me move forward also some times the most nicest comments in any video that makes me do what I am doing

Sometimes people talk real good things about me say what is good in my channel not the stuff like good banner or something but those things that matter a lot when they say that they laughed watching or enjoyed watching...it makes my day

And also I watch some youtubers and u know who the popular ones and I get motivation from them as well

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
I've been doing this for 3 years too. And with over 350 videos, people always how I'm still uploading. Since I've only been able to rack up 1K subs over the years. I've quit multiple times in past, but I'm trying to stay as motivated as I can!

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
I'm just having one of those days where I am lacking some motivation.

So why haven't you quit youtube yet? What keeps you moving forward?:)
I have those days too :/ I just keep on thinking that i love what i do and i really really like to edit videos and experiment :)

Fluke

Rising User
Jun 14, 2016
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I create content as i enjoy every step of the process, from playing the game to editing to writing the description etc... But i know there are some times where you feel like whats the point, you have to push through these times as it will benefit your channel and your character :) stay motivated have fun and keep grinding

Bakka Zigzag

Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
I just do this as a hobby really. That and i work with a group of people on anime abridged projects so i can't just leave.

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Honestly i just find it fun. Been having fun editing my videos and seeing me and my friends having a good time playing games together is just a good feeling.
Plus for me its a good way to learn how to edit videos better so I'm learning every time I upload something.
Before this i was either too busy or upset that this video i worked on really hard was getting hardly any notice. I only just recently decided to actually be active with my uploads and just told myself to have fun when i make videos instead of trying to focus on getting views or subs.
So Just have fun and go with the flow! :)

Brewin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 24, 2016
YouTube
Are you having fun doing what you're doing? If so that should be motive enough. I don't have a lot of subs, but I do it not only to hopefully get more, but because I'd be doing it anyway so why not record it and let someone else enjoy the amount of fun I have!