Why is everyone doing this?

Original Gamesters

Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
www.ogtv.ca
YouTube
Ogtv1up
Well, with all the time it takes and having a 5-year old (who is featured and who's idea it was for our channel) plus another baby on the way, making aliving is the ultimate goal. I just can't afford so much time long term. At least I hope that we are good that way by the time the little guy gets older. We love gaming and doing it together so that won't stop but the editing will have to take a back seat eventually if we stop growing for too long.

AreebSK

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 16, 2016
YouTube
I am actually doing Youtube for money but no one seems to be viewing my videos. If possible, help me grow! Thanks!

Original Gamesters

Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
www.ogtv.ca
YouTube
Ogtv1up
I too am doing it for money but I don't expect anything significant for awhile. I'll check you out but I'll only subscribe if it's our kind of thing. Subscribers don't help if they're not viewers and there's only so many hours in a day. We'd appreciate the same. Cheers and good luck m8.

Game Crash Studios

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2015
I am actually doing Youtube for money but no one seems to be viewing my videos. If possible, help me grow! Thanks!
I too am doing it for money but I don't expect anything significant for awhile. I'll check you out but I'll only subscribe if it's our kind of thing. Subscribers don't help if they're not viewers and there's only so many hours in a day. We'd appreciate the same. Cheers and good luck m8.
Just saying, you aren't gonna make a lot unless you get lucky or exposed very heavily and very quickly. I've made like 7 dollars in a year and a half.

Original Gamesters

Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
www.ogtv.ca
YouTube
Ogtv1up
Just saying, you aren't gonna make a lot unless you get lucky or exposed very heavily and very quickly. I've made like 7 dollars in a year and a half.
Yeah, truth. I'm hoping that my boy's cute factor and being involved in Freedom will be big helps. Also, we were over $2 in our first month. It got zeroed when we signed here but I reckon it's a great start.

Zepher315

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 29, 2014
Canada
YouTube
I never started it for the money, and every bit of money I make goes back into my youtube channel 100%
I started because i saw big youtubers doing that, and I wanted to be big like them. and then I realized a year into it, that getting big wasn't happening. so I switched to doing what I enjoy, and now its for pure enjoyment.

TheRealRyanMickens

Rising User
Oct 1, 2015
California
YouTube
I enjoy making videos and have alot of fun doing it! With that said, I damn well wouldn't be doing this unless I saw an end goal. My end goal is to make videos for a living and have alot of windows of opportunities opened for me through this platform! It takes ALOT of time editing and etc, so I would hope something good comes from it in the future!

Reactions: Original Gamesters
C

Corpfox

Just enjoyment. Usually show off whatever I do in gaming but sometimes, unexpected things.

Noahsark

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Sunny Scotland
YouTube
I think if the first and foremost reason you have for making YouTube videos is to make money then you are going to fail. This is a long and arduous road and you need to have a passion and lust for video making otherwise you will give up. That's just my opinion however and I'm a nobody lol. I've seen growth by just enjoying what I'm doing.

Paul Brierley

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 30, 2016
U.K
YouTube
I make YouTube videos as of now, as i find doing it helps me to keep practicing (I play Bass) and each video i want to get better, so i'm practicng everyday and it keeps the motivation flowing. When i first started back in 2008 YouTube was still quite new and just wanted to upload a video for the sake of uploading, still got that video on my channel aswell with over 30,000 views! and its shite haha.
But like Olivea, now i do want to make some extra income from this to be able to continue for as long as i can as a YouTuber and Bassist/musican, started taking it seriously 2 years ago and plan on sticking around!.....as cheesy as that sounds :) lol

Last edited:

_Irabas

New User
Sep 1, 2016
I just do it because it's fun, that's what YouTube is suppose to be, a place where you can share your stories and experiences to everyone while having fun doing so. Making money is not important unless you manage to earn a stable income from YouTube and decided to go full time. But until then, YouTube is merely a hobby.
how did you make your channel art like that???

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
I'm sure no one will admit to doing it for the money or fame, since that's looked down upon in the community, but I will admit for myself that it's not 100% "just for fun". Editing the videos by a deadline isn't very fun for me lol (as a natural born procrastinator AND someone who stresses very easily under pressure, that's not a good combo) and typically, my videos peak at like 25 views on average. So, not just for fun.
BUT it's not for money, either. If it was, I don't think I'd have the patience, only making .01 per video on average.
My dream in youtube would be to make it "big". I've always wanted to do something big in life, where I could inspire people, and show people that if you can still laugh, you'll be ok. I want to be the person who can show them that they CAN still laugh.
I've never wanted to be "famous" in terms of hollywood and #1 music artists, but I've wanted to be in SOME position where I can reach a lot of people, even from where I stand.
I want to be someone that--whether I have 95 subs or 9,000,000 subs--people can see as a friend, and not as some person on their screen (not that I'm expecting to get 9mil subs, but you get the point)
Family and laughter has always been extremely important to me. It's what my parents taught me while I grew up with Cystic Fibrosis.
Life can be painful or extremely unfair, but if you can laugh, or even smile, you'll make it.

third

New User
Aug 30, 2016
YouTube
I always find it interesting to know why people spend all their spare time making videos that only a few hundred people might see. Like are you doing it for money, fame or just enjoyment?

Personally my end game would be to make a comfortable living from making videos. If I go bigger than that then bonus. I love making videos and wating for all the nice comments to feed my ego, I get such a kick out of uploading something and getting feedback. If I could make that a full time job I'd be living the dream.

Let me know you reasons down below.

If I making videos only for money I think will not feel any enjoy it

Arthas198035

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2016
YouTube
I do it because it is a lot of fun, and also because I hope to grow enough to where I can make a living off of it, but mostly because I enjoy it and because I already play the games why not share my games I play, I am not the best gamer in the world but I get by.