Wifi Range Booster?

ItsJuliian

New User
Aug 23, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone else has this problem in their home. So in my house my wifi is on the ground floor, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY at the bottom, right? So when I go to the ground floor I get about 16-18 up and 1 down (Thanks TWC ;( ) So when I go to the "lifted" ground floor (It's about 4 feet higher than the ground ground floor. When I am there I get the same connection. However when I head up to the real second floor, the floor when my studio is, I get only about 5 up and .3 down (Thanks AGAIN TWC). So tell me. Is this a wifi range problem? I feel like buying a range booster may help me but I'm nut sure. It's just hard to manage video uploads with a 10 minute video with a 1-2 hour upload time. Also is their a specific booster I may need? I was looking into this one here however I am not the best source for tech and any support would help in my quest for better connection. Thanks dudes!

LieutenantT1tan

Rising User
Aug 22, 2016
England
YouTube
LieutenantTitan
You could buy a range booster or a new router as they can really amplify the signal if you get a beamforming one. You'll also find that upgrading your internet to a fibre connection will make the signal travel throughout your house instead of it bouncing in all sorts of directions. If you buy a power line over Ethernet kit you can use the traffic directly from the router instead of having to use wifi if that's a problem. Ethernet will give you a solid connection as it does for myself.