KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
Ok this is getting out of control. A lot of Big YouTubers out there started getting Copyright strikes and guideline strikes for ridiculous reasons or even no reason at all..
There is a petition that i want to share with you guys : https://www.change.org/p/let-s-fix-youtube-s-broken-copyright-protection-system Right now this is the only thing we can do to get the notice of the big guys at YouTube, sign the petition and share on Twitter these hashtags
#WTFU #ProtectYouTubers #MakeYoutubeGreatAgain

I really hope the community will be loud enough to fix YouTube and make it the way it was...

Take care you guys.

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
i will post some videos of people who got striked for no reason...i'm gonna post their videos related to these incidents:

-Angry Joe:
-Lost Pause:
-Channel Awesome/Nostalgia Critic:
-Matthias:

people got striked from no reason at all like music that is inexistent in the video or for a video that is only a photo of a guy with no souond for a couple of minutes...got copyright strike for the silence of the video...this is absurd and it needs to stop.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
I will agree that the system is completely broken, but I can't say I don't blame youtube. The way Copyright and our legal system works and more specificaly 'safe harbor' laws are written - you have to immediately be on the side of the plaintiff. I don't blame Youtube for doing it this way, but I hate that our legal system has pushd it into this.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
I will agree that the system is completely broken, but I can't say I don't blame youtube. The way Copyright and our legal system works and more specificaly 'safe harbor' laws are written - you have to immediately be on the side of the plaintiff. I don't blame Youtube for doing it this way, but I hate that our legal system has pushd it into this.

I understand them when we talk about someone who actually copyrighted something and got a fair strike....but not when someone get's a copyrighted strike for a song in your video when you only have silence in it....i didn't know silence got copyrighted...we will soon hear about someone getting a copyright strike for breathing...I understand that YouTube got a bit too harsh since the laws and legal system as you said....but this is not becasue of that....the system that they created is getting abused of...people using content with fair use get flagged and their channels shut down for no reason...i hope you understand what i mean by this.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
I understand them when we talk about someone who actually copyrighted something and got a fair strike....but not when someone get's a copyrighted strike for a song in your video when you only have silence in it....i didn't know silence got copyrighted...we will soon hear about someone getting a copyright strike for breathing...I understand that YouTube got a bit too harsh since the laws and legal system as you said....but this is not becasue of that....the system that they created is getting abused of...people using content with fair use get flagged and their channels shut down for no reason...i hope you understand what i mean by this.

My channel got a copyright strike because a still image in a game was on his channel.. Neither of us owned the game, his network had given him content ID and even though I had written permission from the dev, themselves, I got a full on DMCA. Luckily the dmca was removed quite quickly but yea.. This method sucks. It sincerely is the only way that Youtube can ensure they don't get sued personaly..which is what they care about.

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
you got lucky....heard of people that didn't even get a response from youtube about this...usually would just get a bot email...though i'm glad you ended up fine...i haven't had any problems with copyright YET...and i hope it stays like that.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
you got lucky....heard of people that didn't even get a response from youtube about this...usually would just get a bot email...though i'm glad you ended up fine...i haven't had any problems with copyright YET...and i hope it stays like that.

Lucky in that there was a response from the network directly, and I do this full time and have the resources to push if it didn't get resolved. Not all youtubers have that.. and its a shame. We agree its broken my friend, I have never disputed otherwise ;)

Reactions: KazamaDaisuke

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Ok this is getting out of control. A lot of Big YouTubers out there started getting Copyright strikes and guideline strikes for ridiculous reasons or even no reason at all..
There is a petition that i want to share with you guys : https://www.change.org/p/let-s-fix-youtube-s-broken-copyright-protection-system Right now this is the only thing we can do to get the notice of the big guys at YouTube, sign the petition and share on Twitter these hashtags
#WTFU #ProtectYouTubers #MakeYoutubeGreatAgain

I really hope the community will be loud enough to fix YouTube and make it the way it was...

Take care you guys.
Although I do agree that the system is broken, and YT should lighten up on the strikes. I can't blame them honestly, a lot of people think its YT, its not. Sure they have a system in place to flag certain materials, its the Copyright holder that actually gives the go on whether they get a strike or not. In addition, a lot of content being used although can be classified as fair use isn't owned by the YouTuber and because of that they are at the mercy of the developers and publisher.

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
Although I do agree that the system is broken, and YT should lighten up on the strikes. I can't blame them honestly, a lot of people think its YT, its not. Sure they have a system in place to flag certain materials, its the Copyright holder that actually gives the go on whether they get a strike or not. In addition, a lot of content being used although can be classified as fair use isn't owned by the YouTuber and because of that they are at the mercy of the developers and publisher.
I agree....i Lost Pause's video he says that the CEO of Youtube is looking into this and that she cares...the real problem is the people who abuse the system....normally those people should not get any kind of copyright strike because the are in the Fair Use Zone...but the abuse affects them and breaks the system in a way that is completely ridiculous...I am glad you know that it is not YouTube Itself that is broken....but the people that abuse it makes it...but even though YouTube is not directly responsible, they should think about fixing it, they own a multi million dollar company that makes them money by people who also make money on the same platform...and without the people to make content on their platform it is pretty much nothing...they should take this problem personal and try to find the people who send false strikes...

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
I agree....i Lost Pause's video he says that the CEO of Youtube is looking into this and that she cares...the real problem is the people who abuse the system....normally those people should not get any kind of copyright strike because the are in the Fair Use Zone...but the abuse affects them and breaks the system in a way that is completely ridiculous...I am glad you know that it is not YouTube Itself that is broken....but the people that abuse it makes it...but even though YouTube is not directly responsible, they should think about fixing it, they own a multi million dollar company that makes them money by people who also make money on the same platform...and without the people to make content on their platform it is pretty much nothing...they should take this problem personal and try to find the people who send false strikes...
I agree, that YT should take this very serious and actually look into the strikes on a personal level for content creators. We are the ones that made YT and it just bends over for any and all developer or publisher that threatens it. They need to revise the system in a way that please both the content creators and outside parties as well. Also they need to take a stance on enforcing fair use and defending that stance against third parties

Reactions: KazamaDaisuke

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
i will post some videos of people who got striked for no reason...i'm gonna post their videos related to these incidents:

-Angry Joe:
-Lost Pause:
-Channel Awesome/Nostalgia Critic:
-Matthias:

people got striked from no reason at all like music that is inexistent in the video or for a video that is only a photo of a guy with no souond for a couple of minutes...got copyright strike for the silence of the video...this is absurd and it needs to stop.
Yeah I Make Vine Compilations and yes I do expect copyright claims but I got my first claim the other day and you know if its not one of them fake claims when it tells you what part of the video the claim is contained but this was for the whole fricking video the claimer was junkinMedia ??? and yes I think the copyright system is broken.

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
Yeah I Make Vine Compilations and yes I do expect copyright claims but I got my first claim the other day and you know if its not one of them fake claims when it tells you what part of the video the claim is contained but this was for the whole fricking video the claimer was junkinMedia ??? and yes I think the copyright system is broken.
well that was unexpected...but at the same time i expect this kind of **** these days.

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
Must be nice to be a big eough to stir up a fuss... while us little guys just gotta deal with it...
#makeyoutubegreatagain?
Are we really using a trump reference? Haha!
Ether Youtube needs to change their ways or someone will get sick of being the little guy and make a youtube rival.

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
well that was unexpected...but at the same time i expect this kind of **** these days.

On another note us little guys are too scared to dispute a claim because it posses a risk on getting Copyright Strike for No Reason.

Heres the screenshot of that video that doesn't even tell me where the copyrighted content is in the video and to add insult to injury its been Manually Detected. To me I Smell Fake Copyright Claims
Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 21.39.08.png

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
It's not like Youtube is being evil, they are trying to protect original content from being re uploaded and monetised by someone else. They have just tried doing it the lazy way without having a big enough team to check the reliability of the claims. :(

On another note us little guys are too scared to dispute a claim because it posses a risk on getting Copyright Strike for No Reason.

Heres the screenshot of that video that doesn't even tell me where the copyrighted content is in the video and to add insult to injury its been Manually Detected. To me I Smell Fake Copyright Claims
View attachment 14127

Just fyi that video does break copyright laws. Make sure you have a check up on how fair use works. Having a logo inserted on the video or creating a compilation doesn't make it yours. You either need to get permission for each clip or add to and create new content. So that might be a video of you watching and reacting to the video show. You can still show the other clips but there must be something new added.

Something like the TwinCoconuts video is classified under fair use as they are still creating new original content and using others clips. Even then it's still possible to get a strike.

KazamaDaisuke

Freedom! Member
May 9, 2014
Piatra Neamt - Romania
YouTube
It's not like Youtube is being evil, they are trying to protect original content from being re uploaded and monetised by someone else. They have just tried doing it the lazy way without having a big enough team to check the reliability of the claims. :(

Just fyi that video does break copyright laws. Make sure you have a check up on how fair use works. Having a logo inserted on the video or creating a compilation doesn't make it yours. You either need to get permission for each clip or add to and create new content. So that might be a video of you watching and reacting to the video show. You can still show the other clips but there must be something new added.

Something like the TwinCoconuts video is classified under fair use as they are still creating new original content and using others clips. Even then it's still possible to get a strike.
I agree it is not their fault...but they still need to take initiative and fix it...their system is abused. And about what you said about the compilation video...yes it is considered copyright...but if you do like a reaction video and use your face cam and voice in it AND not use the entire video and show only parts you are OK to go.

Reactions: Oblivifrek