YouTube is an art.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello,

Since I'm so vocal about this on the chat, then I thought I should share more of my opinion with people around the forum, not only in the chat.

YouTube is a art, not a job which so many of smaller YouTube-rs make it out to be, and it quite unsatisfied me that so many people coming into chat and ask help in regards to revenue, why isn't it show up on dashboard and so many other things, its pathetic how now days people rely on YouTube than getting an actual work hours and hope that they wont be booted off from the workplace they work for.

Reactions: BodaciousBrosGaming

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello,

Since I'm so vocal about this on the chat, then I thought I should share more of my opinion with people around the forum, not only in the chat.

YouTube is a art, not a job which so many of smaller YouTube-rs make it out to be, and it quite unsatisfied me that so many people coming into chat and ask help in regards to revenue, why isn't it show up on dashboard and so many other things, its pathetic how now days people rely on YouTube than getting an actual work hours and hope that they wont be booted off from the workplace they work for.
Youtube can become a job but that only is when you reached a steady base of subsribers and reach high views a month. Small channels starting youtube with the idea to earn cash are the ones that fail.
I started youtube out of interest, always loved to livestream and just share my gaming moments with others and meet new people wich is something i have continued now for almost 4 years and plan to do so for the next coming years.
For me youtube is more a hobby and a place to share interest, i'm not in for the money but for the fun it brings and the people i have gotten to know during this time :)

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
Yeah the whole "Youtube money" thing started to become a problem at the end of 2012. Nowadays it just makes its rounds no matter where you go on Youtube ;P As a guy who started watching Youtube back in 2008 the idea that Youtube is a place made for fun and to have fun's never really left me, and I'm glad for that. In my opinion Youtube at it's best should only ever be a fun hobby, never a job. Once you make a hobby a job I feel it looses a lot of the enjoyment since it becomes associated with the stresses of earning a steady income, and I don't believe that's what Youtube was originally made for.

It's great to know you two feel the same way and that there's still a little bit of that true Youtube spirit around in 2016 :) - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

OxyXL

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 24, 2016
YouTube
OxyXL
Yeah the whole "Youtube money" thing started to become a problem at the end of 2012. Nowadays it just makes its rounds no matter where you go on Youtube ;P As a guy who started watching Youtube back in 2008 the idea that Youtube is a place made for fun and to have fun's never really left me, and I'm glad for that. In my opinion Youtube at it's best should only ever be a fun hobby, never a job. Once you make a hobby a job I feel it looses a lot of the enjoyment since it becomes associated with the stresses of earning a steady income, and I don't believe that's what Youtube was originally made for.

It's great to know you two feel the same way and that there's still a little bit of that true Youtube spirit around in 2016 :) - Brandon

View attachment 17508

True, I'm a much smaller channel and I'm in freedom for all the tools and the community, and money isn't even something i currently worry about. but there's allot of new YouTube kids in freedom talking about money, but really they don't realize they need to grow to make anything over $0.10

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I agree 100% that YouTube is an art. To make really good videos, the editing process takes hours! And if you use really good software, like Premiere Pro, it gets really complicated with all the color correction and audio stuff you have to do. You have to actually know what you're doing to make really good, high quality videos.
I watch a lot of vloggers and to me, it just seems like they just talk to the camera, put all the clips together and voila! There's their video, but I've seen some of their behind the scenes stuff and there's so much more to it than that!

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
Just because YouTube can be considered an "art" form, doesn't mean you can't desire to earn some revenue from creating your "art". There are plenty of artists who profit from their art without sacrificing the quality of the art, and they still enjoy what they do.

When I started YouTube close to a year ago, I did so with the intention to eventually earn some profit from my hobbies. I've played video games since I can remember, I've always enjoyed film and video editing, and I like to entertain...so I figured I'd combine those hobbies, see if anyone enjoys what I create, and hopefully earn a little extra money from this. Did I expect to make money right away? Of course not. Do I expect for YouTube to eventually be my career? Most likely not. Do I expect to make a possible side income from my YouTube videos? Sure, that is the goal. I spend much of my free time making and editing my videos and attempting to make them high quality and entertaining. There is nothing wrong with wanting to eventually earn a profit from that hard work.

If artist's weren't getting paid for creating their "art", then there would be no movie and film industry, no music industry, no television industry, no book industry....people need to eat and pay bills, and I can guarantee that the vast majority of artists would not be as passionate about their art if they weren't generating some kind of revenue from it.