Do you watch your own videos?

G

Gods of Odds

Does anyone watch their own videos and is it allowed?

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I do on occasion when it's an old video that I uploaded some time ago, but usually not recent ones since I already know what's going on. I do believe it's allowed to watch your own video, but you can't spam it to generate view counts, I guess. I think YouTube will find out and delete those views anyway, so it'll just end up wasting your time.

G

Gods of Odds

I do on occasion when it's an old video that I uploaded some time ago, but usually not recent ones since I already know what's going on. I do believe it's allowed to watch your own video, but you can't spam it to generate view counts, I guess. I think YouTube will find out and delete those views anyway, so it'll just end up wasting your time.
Ok I was just wondering as sometimes I just like to watch what I do to see how I can improve.

JamesB23

Rising User
Apr 23, 2016
YouTube
I've been on and off Youtube since 09 on like 3 separate channels (long story) but I always go back and watch my old videos to see how much I have improved. And in my case I can always get a good laugh when I go back and watch them because they were really bad lol

GarryTheDigger

Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2016
YouTube
Yeah. Basically why I started making videos in the first place. Making entertainment for myself and my friends.

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
I do a lot, but not to gain the views on it. After I upload a video, it's like a "ritual" to keep going back to it throughout the next few days and rewatch it, noting what I like and what I thought was stupid haha.

G

Gods of Odds

Ok thanks for the replies, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that I wasn't allowed to do.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I wouldn't really watch my videos because I know everything that's going to happen so to me there's no point, the only time I click on one of my videos is to see or reply to a comment

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
I post Game Development tutorials. Every now and then I do need to go back and check out one of my videos. For example, if I have a doubt about something or can't remember how a certain effect was created, if I've made a tutorial on that topic, I'll just go and watch that video.

DraycosDragon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Technically I kinda have to watch my own videos anyways before I upload them. It helps to know if a video is good to upload or not. If there's no audio or if the audio messes up too much, then I'll have to delete the video. Saves time from having to find out when it's too late that the video/audio didn't record properly or if anything's missing from the video/audio. I've had that happen ALOT on my vlog channel and sometimes on my game channel (the one connected with this profile)

G

Gods of Odds

Technically I kinda have to watch my own videos anyways before I upload them. It helps to know if a video is good to upload or not. If there's no audio or if the audio messes up too much, then I'll have to delete the video. Saves time from having to find out when it's too late that the video/audio didn't record properly or if anything's missing from the video/audio. I've had that happen ALOT on my vlog channel and sometimes on my game channel (the one connected with this profile)
I more mean after they're uploaded.

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I'm glad I'm not he only one. I like to watch back a recent video once or twice and pretend I'm someone else. I note down things I like and dislike and try to do better next time I do a video that's the same type. Its also just really fun and I get proud when I watch one of my own videos and really enjoy it.

A Dork of Pork

New User
Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm glad I'm not he only one. I like to watch back a recent video once or twice and pretend I'm someone else. I note down things I like and dislike and try to do better next time I do a video that's the same type. Its also just really fun and I get proud when I watch one of my own videos and really enjoy it.

I pretty much do the same thing. I watch them to take notes on how to improve.

Reactions: GLP Matty