First Love?

SW4NK GAMING

Rising User
Oct 19, 2015
YouTube
Hey gamers I got a question, what video game you first fell in love with that you've put hours and hours in to? Mines was Socom and Socom2 boy! I have more stories from that game then any other game since!

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
I first fell in love with Oblivion. That was one of the games that I first played. I know a lot of people hated it but I loved it and modded the heck out of it with all sorts of things. Unfortunately I don't know how many hours because I had the disk copy at first and I haven't played it much since getting the steam copy.

Reactions: SW4NK GAMING

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
My first games were not the epic adventures they are now... they were evil arcade machines that beating was like a triumph of monument out proportion. You learned to play well, or your quarters would be eaten faster than the ghosts in pacman.

But I do have lots of fun memories playing local 2 player with people in those games... Especially bubble bobble, because playing with 2 players you can kinda keep each other alive, because as long as you don't both die at the same time, you could continue...

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Hmmmm, I'd have to say Tony Hawk games. I can't remember which one but it was for the PS2 and I played it forever ago. Spent SO many hours into that game. Then I found cheats and stopped playing as much.

Immoral

Immoral On YouTube
Freedom! Member
Socom and Socom 2 were the staple of my childhhood. Played competitively as well. You might recognize my two main tags "DaRkNiZzLe" or "Pirate Man"

Was actually great friends with a guy on there and it spread to playstation 3. Ended up getting invited to his Wedding. Many great memories on Socom 2.

Fish Hook/XRoads/DG/FF

SW4NK GAMING

Rising User
Oct 19, 2015
YouTube
I love everyone responses so many different games crazy finding out what game made someone crazy about gaming just as much as you are and played a total different game!

thundar001

Jul 31, 2015
YouTube
Jak and Daxter plus Ratchet and Clack are what made me fall in love with video games. I still love going back to through the series and playing them all again.

Reactions: SW4NK GAMING

thundar001

Jul 31, 2015
YouTube
I hear ya man going back to the roots make you step make and realize why you a gamer.

Agreed. Many games don't have the graphics or capabilities of the ones today but that shouldn't matter. If it was awesome and has a lot of memories then it is the best game that made you the gamer you are.

Cyclonic Flame

Rising User
Oct 12, 2015
New Zealand
YouTube
I was obsessed with Pokemon Yellow when I was younger, as was my cousin (A bit cliché I know...) In fact, I have very distinct memories of him dressing me up as a Pikachu and teaching me how to say "Pika, pika" because he wanted his own Pikachu...

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
the first game I fell in love with was total annihilation (my parents still cant get the music out of their heads thats how much I used to play it)

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
First game I fell in love with has to be Club Penguin, I was a child on the internet and to me, having computer with internet meant I could play Club Penguin.

RuneScape came after Club Penguin, I loved that game even more and I played it hours after hours, I was also pretty competitive with my friends as I always compared my stats and quests to theirs. My friends and I played Roblox after RuneScape, it was like having access to an unlimited amount of games and the creative aspect blew our minds, we put together a few bricks to create a television and a Wii with our immaginations and that to us was mind-blowing! These games aren't the first ones I played and fell in love with but they definitely deserved the honourable mentions. :)

Pumpkin Smashers

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 5, 2015
YouTube
Mine would have had to have been Runescape.. I was literally obsessed with this game. When I was a kid though, it was SO much more then just a game. It was a lifestyle for me. An escape from my life - and it's not even that I had a bad life. Had lots of friends, amazing parents, etc. I just loved to escape life and join a virtual reality for a while. It felt so invigorating. It's even more interesting because I ended up getting both my parents and my aunt into the gaming craze too. We all played for 3-4 years before we realized it was starting to ruin our family; mom was burning suppers, I was getting fat, dad was late for work sometimes etc. Wasn't good. Doesn't matter though, my memories will always belong with Runescape.

Reactions: Danny