Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I've seen many posts about disheartened Youtube personalities lately. It's sad to see many of our talented to go unnoticed, yes, but it's even more upsetting to see everyone getting so bent out of shape about a number. When we place expectations on things, it leads to disappointment as these expectations don't come through for us. Set goals, yes, but don't let broken expectations keep you from reaching your goals. Stay POSITIVE, and tell yourself, no matter how long it takes it how hard it is, I CAN reach my goal. As for myself, I want to spread positivity and make people smile and just feel good. I want to have fun. Sure, I'd like to spread influence over many people across the world. As long as I can make a difference for one person, I'm happy. That's what matters. Don't worry about the numbers. Stop trying to set success at a value. Value those who you influence, and be a success to them. Life is too short to worry about the little things. Let's try to make an impact.

Love your friendly gaming enthusiast,
Goped Fred

King Cowdorah

Rising User
Jan 26, 2016
YouTube
Nice! Thanks man. Yeah sometimes I get down on myself, but hey I like my content. In the end that is probs the only thing that matters. You seem cool mate. Keep on going, yourself! I think you got it!

Reactions: Goped Fred

Bears On YT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
I 100% agree with this topic! By starting a YouTube channel, were all giving ourself a chance at something! Its an opportunity to be creative and we have nothing to lose...But a lot to gain! Yeah it might take a while for some of you to reach your goals but that's the fun part, Starting from nothing and watching the community grow while having heaps of fun! Stay Positive + Stay Gaming!

-Bears

Global Destroyer

Rising User
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
I've seen many posts about disheartened Youtube personalities lately. It's sad to see many of our talented to go unnoticed, yes, but it's even more upsetting to see everyone getting so bent out of shape about a number. When we place expectations on things, it leads to disappointment as these expectations don't come through for us. Set goals, yes, but don't let broken expectations keep you from reaching your goals. Stay POSITIVE, and tell yourself, no matter how long it takes it how hard it is, I CAN reach my goal. As for myself, I want to spread positivity and make people smile and just feel good. I want to have fun. Sure, I'd like to spread influence over many people across the world. As long as I can make a difference for one person, I'm happy. That's what matters. Don't worry about the numbers. Stop trying to set success at a value. Value those who you influence, and be a success to them. Life is too short to worry about the little things. Let's try to make an impact.

Goped Fred
hey brother welcome to YouTube/ Freedom...please could you help me reach my goal of 200 subs by subscribing to my channel ? :p

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member

Goped Fred

To sound all cheesy and cliche, what you've said I can really relate to... :)
I started putting vids up years ago, but became so obsessed with Audience Retention figures and such, that I got into my own head a little and stopped doing it, thinking it wasn't worth it or I wasn't good enough.

It's only until the last 3 years that managed to get the motivation to create back and start uploading again.

Now I have been trying to make a real go of it and try not to let numbers get to me, and just have FUN!

I think sometimes people DO get too fixated on how many Subs they have or Views etc... but I can attest to staying positive being really important and helpful :p

We all have our low times.... just gotta power on through it!

...Ok cheesy speech over

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
To sound all cheesy and cliche, what you've said I can really relate to... :)
I started putting vids up years ago, but became so obsessed with Audience Retention figures and such, that I got into my own head a little and stopped doing it, thinking it wasn't worth it or I wasn't good enough.

It's only until the last 3 years that managed to get the motivation to create back and start uploading again.

Now I have been trying to make a real go of it and try not to let numbers get to me, and just have FUN!

I think sometimes people DO get too fixated on how many Subs they have or Views etc... but I can attest to staying positive being really important and helpful :p

We all have our low times.... just gotta power on through it!

...Ok cheesy speech over
It's not cheesy at all! I feel like people see the growth from all of these top rated Channels so they feel like if they're not growing exponentially every day they've failed. Just being able to produce the content we do is a goody in itself! The only way to keep going up is to keep improving on yourself

Reactions: SteveOfWarr

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
It's not cheesy at all! I feel like people see the growth from all of these top rated Channels so they feel like if they're not growing exponentially every day they've failed. Just being able to produce the content we do is a goody in itself! The only way to keep going up is to keep improving on yourself
Agreed!

At this rate you totally should run a clinic -_^

I could easily imagine you sat in a big red Psychiatrists chair, or cross-legged in a Buddhist Temple xD

Goped Fred
well said... great advice

Gamenugz

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
gamenugz
You are right, it is important to not focus on the success you want to achieve, it is important to have fun doing it and to keep going even when you think it's useless, you won't get anywhere if you quit. I always give 110% even if it is only for 3 people who enjoy my content. Through the likes or dislikes, subscribes or unsubscribes, positive comments or negative ones, it's important to know that if you keep going and give it your all, you will be successful for sure whether its sooner or later, it will happen.

Panic Puppet Gaming

Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE! ENGLAND!
twitter.com
YouTube
How do you define successful though? - for me it's if you enjoy creating the content then boom! that should be enough, it is for me anyways, i get the odd negitive and positive comment here and there but as Gamenugz says if you 3 people who enjoy it, i think that makes it worthwhile - just keep up the efforts guys :)