SHARQwithaQ

Rising User
Mar 11, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
What's up guys! My name is Shariq. I am currently pursuing Diploma in Game design and Development. So, Youtube, to me started as a hobby but later turned into much more important platform. Youtube has helped me so much in my ups and downs. I have always been a fan of walkthroughs and let's plays and always wanted to start my own channel. Specially because I couldn't afford the games at the moments but Youtube helped me enjoy it as if I was playing it myself. Finally, I am capable to do so and willing to make Video game walkthroughs and start my own channel as a whole. I know there are hundreds of thousands of people doing the same but that what makes it awesome. I just wanna put it out there so that people who couldn't affords games or are unable to buy games for any reason could see my videos and atleast be intrigued by it. And I also know there are so many big YouTubers out there making similar content buy hey, I shouldn't give up because of that right?
Anyway, I would be super appreciative if you guys check out my channel. Let me know what should I do to improve it. I will be buying a microphone soon, I'm saving for it. If and any reply would be appreciated. Thanks a ton!
My channel link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQ42STUpuRJTq5ubUu3Nhw

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
What's up guys! My name is Shariq. I am currently pursuing Diploma in Game design and Development. So, Youtube, to me started as a hobby but later turned into much more important platform. Youtube has helped me so much in my ups and downs. I have always been a fan of walkthroughs and let's plays and always wanted to start my own channel. Specially because I couldn't afford the games at the moments but Youtube helped me enjoy it as if I was playing it myself. Finally, I am capable to do so and willing to make Video game walkthroughs and start my own channel as a whole. I know there are hundreds of thousands of people doing the same but that what makes it awesome. I just wanna put it out there so that people who couldn't affords games or are unable to buy games for any reason could see my videos and atleast be intrigued by it. And I also know there are so many big YouTubers out there making similar content buy hey, I shouldn't give up because of that right?
Anyway, I would be super appreciative if you guys check out my channel. Let me know what should I do to improve it. I will be buying a microphone soon, I'm saving for it. If and any reply would be appreciated. Thanks a ton!
My channel link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQ42STUpuRJTq5ubUu3Nhw
Game design and development sounds like it can help you out for the future in youtube ^^ Starting your own channel is awesome when you can put up any content that you want on here. If you're planning on standing out, having a personality that is different from the big league goes far, because people act too much on youtube, heh.

Reactions: SHARQwithaQ

SHARQwithaQ

Rising User
Mar 11, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Game design and development sounds like it can help you out for the future in youtube ^^ Starting your own channel is awesome when you can put up any content that you want on here. If you're planning on standing out, having a personality that is different from the big league goes far, because people act too much on youtube, heh.
Heh, Yes. I will be buying a microphone soon so that I could my own perspective of the game and that is I guess the most important part of Let's plays. Should I be doing anything else? I am literally a noob in this. Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks anyways! :)

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Heh, Yes. I will be buying a microphone soon so that I could my own perspective of the game and that is I guess the most important part of Let's plays. Should I be doing anything else? I am literally a noob in this. Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks anyways! :)
Definitely, people come for the video, stay for the personality and the warmth people can give off. People with higher-end equipment are easier to listen to, which is why some youtubers get so big, because they have an entire team helping them at times! Just having your tags filled out to the 500 character limit, describing your videos in the description, having enticing thumbnails, and having vital/fun moments at the beginning of the videos would help indeed ^^

SHARQwithaQ

Rising User
Mar 11, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Definitely, people come for the video, stay for the personality and the warmth people can give off. People with higher-end equipment are easier to listen to, which is why some youtubers get so big, because they have an entire team helping them at times! Just having your tags filled out to the 500 character limit, describing your videos in the description, having enticing thumbnails, and having vital/fun moments at the beginning of the videos would help indeed ^^
Have you seen any of my videos? The description and title, am I doing it right? Also, as my videos are walkthroughs, what should be the best tags for it.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Heh, sure thing man! ✌
I'll just send it on here ^^

Putting a border on your profile picture, will make it pop out more in contrast to your banner. Adding text to your thumbnails would be beneficial to your audience, and try to figure out some kind of branding for your channel as a whole. How does it stand out compared to everybody else?

Watch out for comments like this:
"Amazing video man, could you please watch a few of my videos, sub and comment what you think. Keep up the great work."
They just want you to check out their videos. Basically, they spam other people to give them praise, only to ask for subs in return. I typically remove spam, but that's up to you.

When you start uploading more videos with your commentary, find the best highlights to make an introduction video, of your best moments ^^ Once you start adding in commentary, let me know too, and we can figure out the best way to go about it!

SHARQwithaQ

Rising User
Mar 11, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I'll just send it on here ^^

Putting a border on your profile picture, will make it pop out more in contrast to your banner. Adding text to your thumbnails would be beneficial to your audience, and try to figure out some kind of branding for your channel as a whole. How does it stand out compared to everybody else?

Watch out for comments like this:
"Amazing video man, could you please watch a few of my videos, sub and comment what you think. Keep up the great work."
They just want you to check out their videos. Basically, they spam other people to give them praise, only to ask for subs in return. I typically remove spam, but that's up to you.

When you start uploading more videos with your commentary, find the best highlights to make an introduction video, of your best moments ^^ Once you start adding in commentary, let me know too, and we can figure out the best way to go about it!
Thank you so much! And yes I'll definitely keep in touch with you.