Gaming Hi there! We're Freak Shack.

Hi everyone! I'm Chase, one of the two people behind Freak Shack and Freak Shack Gaming on YouTube, but I'm the only one you'll ever hear from on these forums because my brother is probably only going to be in the videos and on Instagram.

I'm 19 and I'm from Washington state in the U.S. I found out about Freedom, well, because I found a thread about YouTube gaming content usage rights a few months back that I frequently check up on and I finally decided to make an account to participate in discussions and get help when I need it because I'm new to this thing.

As you can see I write a lot. I'm currently employed as a student journalist at my college. Actually, I'm the social media and website manager, so I have professional experience in those areas, even if my personal accounts aren't doing too well.

I've had YouTube channels in the past that had some considerable success, but they were very bad and starting fresh is sometimes the best thing to do. My brother and I have a gaming channel, a vlogging channel, and a music channel and who knows how that's going to work.

I look forward to meeting you guys on the forums and making connections!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi everyone! I'm Chase, one of the two people behind Freak Shack and Freak Shack Gaming on YouTube, but I'm the only one you'll ever hear from on these forums because my brother is probably only going to be in the videos and on Instagram.

I'm 19 and I'm from Washington state in the U.S. I found out about Freedom, well, because I found a thread about YouTube gaming content usage rights a few months back that I frequently check up on and I finally decided to make an account to participate in discussions and get help when I need it because I'm new to this thing.

As you can see I write a lot. I'm currently employed as a student journalist at my college. Actually, I'm the social media and website manager, so I have professional experience in those areas, even if my personal accounts aren't doing too well.

I've had YouTube channels in the past that had some considerable success, but they were very bad and starting fresh is sometimes the best thing to do. My brother and I have a gaming channel, a vlogging channel, and a music channel and who knows how that's going to work.

I look forward to meeting you guys on the forums and making connections!
Hello to you too Freak! Heh, that's nice that you divvy up the responsibilities. Youtube can be daunting at first, but the longer you message people here, you'll find nuggets of information. Writing a lot can spark more conversations as well :p That's a lot of channels to manage, but I hope you guys can manage okay with it all. Good luck with making additional connections ^^

Reactions: FreakShack
Welcome to the community Chase ;)

What games your currently working on?

Thanks. We own a lot of games from different eras. We're thinking about doing some Call of Duty Ghosts, Black Ops III, Halo 5, Skyrim, Farcry, and probably some old school gaming like Earthbound for the Super Nintendo and Bubsy for Sega Genesis.

On my own I do a lot of PC gaming, so things like Cities: Skylines.

Thanks for asking. (y) (Y)

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Thanks. We own a lot of games from different eras. We're thinking about doing some Call of Duty Ghosts, Black Ops III, Halo 5, Skyrim, Farcry, and probably some old school gaming like Earthbound for the Super Nintendo and Bubsy for Sega Genesis.

On my own I do a lot of PC gaming, so things like Cities: Skylines.

Thanks for asking. (y) (Y)
That will indeed create a good diverse range attracting a bigger range of audience :)

Hello to you too Freak! Heh, that's nice that you divvy up the responsibilities. Youtube can be daunting at first, but the longer you message people here, you'll find nuggets of information. Writing a lot can spark more conversations as well :p That's a lot of channels to manage, but I hope you guys can manage okay with it all. Good luck with making additional connections ^^

Thank you! I'm already started to see how valuable the forums are here. Everyone seems very supportive, which is not something I've encountered with most YouTube-related things.

We never really divvied up the responsibilities, it's just that Justin doesn't seem to care about the social media side of having a channel, which means I have to take care of it. Plus, he only has an Instagram so he said he'll help with that. :) That's a struggle because I actually actively operate 5 different Instagram accounts. Haha.

Thank you for the encouragement! After some discussion tonight in my house it sounds like Freak Shack Gaming is ready to start this week.

That will indeed create a good diverse range attracting a bigger range of audience :)

That was kind of our thinking, although we already play all of those games anyway for fun. Why not makes videos for them? Alright, the SNES and the Sega are not used very often. The SNES is hooked up and it has been for the past five years in perfect condition, but we don't get to using it much. The Sega...it's in the garage, but we'll be bringing it back out.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
That was kind of our thinking, although we already play all of those games anyway for fun. Why not makes videos for them? Alright, the SNES and the Sega are not used very often. The SNES is hooked up and it has been for the past five years in perfect condition, but we don't get to using it much. The Sega...it's in the garage, but we'll be bringing it back out.
Gotta love the oldskool systems. Looking forward to it :)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thank you! I'm already started to see how valuable the forums are here. Everyone seems very supportive, which is not something I've encountered with most YouTube-related things.

We never really divvied up the responsibilities, it's just that Justin doesn't seem to care about the social media side of having a channel, which means I have to take care of it. Plus, he only has an Instagram so he said he'll help with that. :) That's a struggle because I actually actively operate 5 different Instagram accounts. Haha.

Thank you for the encouragement! After some discussion tonight in my house it sounds like Freak Shack Gaming is ready to start this week.
Asking questions can definitely give you an edge over other people here. And I'm glad that everyone is supportive! That sounds like a lot of effort for social media :eek: No worries, I hope you guys manage to have a great start, and an amazing continuation ^^