YouTube How does one grow their YouTube channel?

Ryan Bivens

New User
Mar 22, 2017
Hello all! my name is ryan and I'm looking for some help to grow my youtube channel i started maybe a month maybe a month and a half ago and posted a couple videos. i also partnered with freedom while i know that things don't happen quickly i just would like some tips on how i can grow my channel. Thanks!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well Ryan I think everyone has thought about your query at least once in their creative career. First of all, and I know you have already said this, but don't think things are going to happen quickly prepare yourself mentally for slow growth of your channel and having periods of little or no growth. While I'm not saying you will definitely go through this, it can usually be expected with some channels and often leads to people giving up as they had not prepared themselves for it.

Another piece of advice, and the one of the most helpful to know is get to know your audience and find you niche - what makes people want to view your content over everyone else's. This could be how you present it, how you come across or even something as simple as your greeting. Additionally I would recommend that you focus on the QUALITY of your content, and not worry so much about how much QUANTITY you produce - it doesn't matter if you do one video a week or one a month, as long as you can happily say after it that you couldn't of made it any better.

Also don't be afraid to fill in written descriptions in your videos, detailing what happens in it - try and be snappy with these and not make them overly long typically I find the following format helps : -
1) Greet people to the video, something like "Welcome back to X episode of this lets play series"
2) Outline what your playing and what ultimately happens in the video - don't give it all away but tease them
3) Include some information about the game / content if you wanted - For example this game was produced by X and released in X, the game features X
4) Link your other accounts in the description if you want to - even if this is just Google+ / Facebook / Twitter

Finally don't forget about adding tags to your videos. Be sure to only do this in the tag section of YouTube, as placing these in your descriptions / elsewhere on your channel can potentially lead to being warned by YouTube, or your account being terminated. I find a helpful resource with finding good tags to use would be TubeBuddy's tag generator , or rapidtags.io - if your using the later make sure to read the tags being copied over as sometimes it will give you unrelated tags - which you shouldn't use (again as this could cause issues)

Swandezvous

Rising User
Mar 30, 2017
Oregon
swandezvous.com
YouTube
swandezvous
Well Ryan I think everyone has thought about your query at least once in their creative career. First of all, and I know you have already said this, but don't think things are going to happen quickly prepare yourself mentally for slow growth of your channel and having periods of little or no growth. While I'm not saying you will definitely go through this, it can usually be expected with some channels and often leads to people giving up as they had not prepared themselves for it.

Another piece of advice, and the one of the most helpful to know is get to know your audience and find you niche - what makes people want to view your content over everyone else's. This could be how you present it, how you come across or even something as simple as your greeting. Additionally I would recommend that you focus on the QUALITY of your content, and not worry so much about how much QUANTITY you produce - it doesn't matter if you do one video a week or one a month, as long as you can happily say after it that you couldn't of made it any better.

Also don't be afraid to fill in written descriptions in your videos, detailing what happens in it - try and be snappy with these and not make them overly long typically I find the following format helps : -
1) Greet people to the video, something like "Welcome back to X episode of this lets play series"
2) Outline what your playing and what ultimately happens in the video - don't give it all away but tease them
3) Include some information about the game / content if you wanted - For example this game was produced by X and released in X, the game features X
4) Link your other accounts in the description if you want to - even if this is just Google+ / Facebook / Twitter

Finally don't forget about adding tags to your videos. Be sure to only do this in the tag section of YouTube, as placing these in your descriptions / elsewhere on your channel can potentially lead to being warned by YouTube, or your account being terminated. I find a helpful resource with finding good tags to use would be TubeBuddy's tag generator , or rapidtags.io - if your using the later make sure to read the tags being copied over as sometimes it will give you unrelated tags - which you shouldn't use (again as this could cause issues)

What he said^^

TopList

Apr 4, 2017
YouTube
Be yourself
Produce great content you're happy with that you know you have put hard work into
Experiment a little to see what people like
Make good sized videos ( 5+ minutes )
Engage your audience all the time
Intro and an outro aren't essential but can help in many ways
Use the tags section when uploading a video
Use thumbnails which show the audience what the video is about before watching
Have a consistent uploading schedule

simple tips hope they come in handy

Reactions: Swandezvous

RCC_Crew

New User
Apr 5, 2017
YouTube
If you're willing, you could try making other social media accounts for your YouTube channel. Whether it be Instagram, twitter, Facebook, etc. Doing this can help reach other people on those platforms. This is what we've been doing lately and it has seemed to increase our channels "view traffic". We made an Instagram and Reddit. We post a teaser of our newest videos on Instagram (make sure your account isn't private, so then your post can be found on the "explore" tab.) and then we post our videos on Reddit (under the correct thread). This gave us a 3 subscriber boost in 2 days. This may not seem like a lot, but it is/was for our growth at the time. Good luck!