DaGratest 816

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
KC MO
YouTube
DaGratest816
Hey Guys & Gals, coming to you today with maybe a well known question maybe not, im looking to build a gaming PC but not for gaming on the actual PC. Just want my console to be on one screen and my computer with editing software and another screen to allow for that. All intertwined through my elgato. I already have a webcam 1080p i have a blue snowball mic, ive done videos on my youtube but i want to get better at it and also better at streaming. Which unfortunately my samsung laptop (model no. NP700Z5C-S02UB) just isnt quite up to par with when it comes to streaming i can record my gameplay but i cant even add my digital camera to it without lagging and everything being off from video to audio aspect. So i need a better/bigger rig i just want to know what are some of the things i need to be looking for i know i need at least 16 gb's ram i know i need a tower i know i need at least i5, but the more specific things of like graphics cards do i really need a good graphics card seeing as i wont even be playing games on the computer via disc i really only play console and probably wont ever make the switch because thats where all my friends play. So if someone could be so kind to give me some products and things of what they think would be sufficient for my need that would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks Freedom Fam!

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
The latest generation i5's have pretty good built in graphics so you may be able to get away with that. Remember that in most rendering situations, the CPU does 95% of the work. The graphics card would only help you in say, scrubbing or previewing while editing, which sounds like it would be a non-issue for you. Get a second hard drive, doesn't have to be huge just make sure it's as fast as the main hard drive or faster, and render your videos to that hard drive, this way you don't bottle neck your system. I always recommend Western Digital for a mechanical drive, if you want to go the SSD route... honestly the best recommendation is to comb amazon for reviews. There are so many factors in a factory that, personally, you can't rely on "X brand of SSD is the best" because it might have been their flagship model in 2014, but in 2015 they moved the factory and now the drives aren't so great...so yeah, comb through reviews on Amazon if you want to go the SSD route.

Aside from that your build seems pretty straight forward. Good luck! :)