Saddest video game you have ever played?

vDom

Rising User
Jul 18, 2015
YouTube
So I am going to be let's playing Mother 3 soon which is known for being a very sad and upsetting game. It got me thinking, what game or games have given you guys the "feels"? Try and keep it spoiler free if you can but I am a sucker for sad games so I'd like to check out some you guys have played! Thanks. :)

Reactions: Brent Cone

Gamenugz

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
gamenugz
Telltale's The Walking Dead, the ending gets me every time. The Last of Us opening, the game starts out super sad. Halo Reach, at the end when you remember the game is a prequel and you don't exist in the other games.

Reactions: Angelo Bifulco

Angelo Bifulco

Rising User
Oct 14, 2015
YouTube
I would have to say Deadly Premonition. I got it as a free game for ps plus and hated it! I didnt even complete chapter 1 or whatever
I liked so much deadly premonition, the first game for ps3 i completed, got for free with ps plus..the graphic isn't so good, this is true, but i loved the story..[DOUBLEPOST=1445111172][/DOUBLEPOST]I think that the final of Final fantasy X is very sad..when Tidus had to tell Yuna that he was just a dream, Yuna told him "I love you", but he had to disappear..and when the daughter in The last of us dies, that is a scene that can make cry.
A sad but beautiful game is, i think, is " Rain ", the story of two "ghost" children ,an indie game that I played on ps3..and also "papo and yo", which contains the true story of the childhood of the game producer

Last edited:
Reactions: vDom

Crimsonient

Rising User
Oct 17, 2015
YouTube
I think The Walking Dead is the only game that I've had to take an emotional break from. I think they do a great job with character development, so it makes losing them so much worse.

Reactions: Gamenugz

vDom

Rising User
Jul 18, 2015
YouTube
I liked so much deadly premonition, the first game for ps3 i completed, got for free with ps plus..the graphic isn't so good, this is true, but i loved the story..[DOUBLEPOST=1445111172][/DOUBLEPOST]I think that the final of Final fantasy X is very sad..when Tidus had to tell Yuna that he was just a dream, Yuna told him "I love you", but he had to disappear..and when the daughter in The last of us dies, that is a scene that can make cry.
A sad but beautiful game is, i think, is " Rain ", the story of two "ghost" children ,an indie game that I played on ps3..and also "papo and yo", which contains the true story of the childhood of the game producer

FFX is definitely up there for me in saddest video games. The story telling in that game is impeccably brilliant.

Chazore13

Aug 23, 2015
YouTube
Chazore13
1) The Last of Us like most of you have mentioned also killed me from start to finish. There is nothing happy about it, but it is by far the best game I've ever played.
2) Final Fantasy 13-2. Definitely one of the saddest games I've played. The ending just gets me. When I finished it the first time, I was sobbing and I never cry. EVER. It also led to a very dark sequel (Lightning Returns) which is one of my favorite FF sequels.
3) Final Fantasy Type 0 was morbid. The whole game is just dark. I didn't care for the game that much, but that ending had me tear up.
4) Final Fantasy 10 also got me pretty bad. Definitely top 5 saddest games I've played, but only because I fell for the love story.
5) Spot 5 is a definite tie between a few games. Sly 3 although it had a happy ending... kinda. Jak 3 had yet another just kinda happy ending. Persona 4 if you go for a dark ending was just morbid. The last is Kingdom Hearts BBS and KH1. The way they ended, especially KH1, just made me tear up.

AmiPlays

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 10, 2015
Manchester
YouTube
Mass Effect 3.
I knew there was one I was forgetting!

Accidentally got spoiled of the ending just before I started the trilogy, but it didn't make any less of an impact and no kidding, cried for a little while as the credits rolled. Still in denial to this day, my Shepard is off adopting Krogan babies with Kaidan on a distant planet. :cool: