Should Let´s Players Act as They are Not

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
Hey guys i m curios what you think cuz there is lots of opinion about this.
Small youtube channels tend to copy other youtubers but not in a bad way but is it righteous. I mean they do it so they can find themself but still should they just be as wh they are.
I just got a comment on an other channel about my content being not myself and tring too hard. And i wasn´t sure if he was right. Than i tought is that really that bad to get someone as your role model. No one born as a commentater so we have to improve ourself and who is better than someone else that proved himself,

Reactions: james swartley

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Small youtube channels tend to copy other youtubers but not in a bad way but is it righteous. I mean they do it so they can find themself but still should they just be as wh they are.
I just got a comment on an other channel about my content being not myself and tring too hard. And i wasn´t sure if he was right. Than i tought is that really that bad to get someone as your role model. No one born as a commentater so we have to improve ourself and who is better than someone else that proved himself,
People do try too hard. Being natural is hard when you're not used to being on camera. To combat this, working with friends work the best, because you tend to act more like yourself being with the people you love. Nothing is wrong with taking bits from other people, but when you manage to become that person, it can get quite scary. Bits and pieces go a long way though!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
@fattmat Yeah i agree with what you said. It is just how it works.
It takes time to build yourself a personalty. Introverts have trouble at first at times, because they're not used to talking for an extended period of time. When you get used to talking, it becomes more and more like art. Improving will come naturally ^^

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
Personally I created a character for my YouTube "Peronsa"...there are many elements of myself in my YouTube persona, but its still a character. I consider it virtual acting to a small extent; I enjoy slipping into the character of Jake Vegas and so far, the audience I have seems to really get a kick out of it. My advice...its your thing, bud....do whatcha wanna do(y) (Y)

chronotrigger1985

let's player
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2014
YouTube
more and likely you started doing videos because of another youtuber. As long as u don't out right copy someone else it is fine. once u find your own thing u will become your own person.

Reactions: FatalAti

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
more and likely you started doing videos because of another youtuber. As long as u don't out right copy someone else it is fine. once u find your own thing u will become your own person.
Definitely, i m in the same opinion as you it may take sometime and you probably wont get famous till than but yeah there is the effect of the youtubers that you like.

james swartley

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 14, 2016
YouTube
Its hard but id be yourself and my opinion there is nothing wrong with taking pieces from your favorite youtubers just make it your own style