Telling people about your YouTube Channel IRL

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
So, back when I recorded Minecraft, back before my channel revamp, I was always hesitant to tell people about my YouTube channel in real life. Did anyone else have this problem, or was this just me? I mean I still haven't told most people about it, but I'm curious about your guys' history with this, if any.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So, back when I recorded Minecraft, back before my channel revamp, I was always hesitant to tell people about my YouTube channel in real life. Did anyone else have this problem, or was this just me? I mean I still haven't told most people about it, but I'm curious about your guys' history with this, if any.
I never told anybody about my channel, aside from my girlfriend, and kids that were interested in videos. My old videos were too dorky when I made minecraft highlights. Not many people will relate depending on the subject matter. I feel like I can show off my current videos in a few months, because they might think it's interesting. You need to preface it correctly though, hah.

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
I never told anybody about my channel, aside from my girlfriend, and kids that were interested in videos. My old videos were too dorky when I made minecraft highlights. Not many people will relate depending on the subject matter. I feel like I can show off my current videos in a few months, because they might think it's interesting. You need to preface it correctly though, hah.
Yeah exactly. Thanks for the feedback! :D

WarHero

Rising User
Mar 18, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Never told anyone due to the fact that if someone in my school had a youtube channel and someone found out then they would get a lot of heat for making videos :(

Reactions: This Is Ethan

bynop89

Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
California, USA
YouTube
Never have told anyone in my school. I used to play Minecraft with a bunch of guys in middle school and they all moved on and I kinda just didn't. Now they barely game and I don't know that many other people would be interested in it. I just keep it to myself and maybe I'll tell them if I get big one day.

Reactions: Folke Siren

Jasper de Zwaan

Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
Beijing
YouTube
jasperdezwaan
Even i don't like telling that I have a youtube channel, i want them to discover it by them self and I really hate it when people make fun of it. But what i keep telling myself is that I put these videos on youtube for people to watch, and if they make fun of me just ignore them. Because its easy to be mean to someone, but it takes effort to be nice to someone :)

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I didn't really tell my friends. I was kind of embarrassed to, for some reason. But my boyfriend tells everyone. When I first told him, to me, it was super embarrassing, but he thought it was super cool and awesome and that I should tell everyone 'cause not everyone's brave enough to put themselves on the internet for the whole world to potentially see.

I have only told a few of my co-workers about my YouTube channels because journalists are nerds and we like those kinds of things. My parents are aware and my dad helps out and will be in many of the videos.

I plan to tell many of the people I know once I actually have some content on all of my channels. I'm hesitant to do so as well, but I know that I will eventually.

1-Bit

Rising User
May 1, 2014
Toronto, Canada
YouTube

At First, I really didn't tell anyone because i was legit scared of being judged, so I posted my videos that only I knew about. But then I realized that there's always gonna those that will say mean things about you, and what you do, so I eventually learned how to accept certain things, and showed people what i was capable of. I also realized that I wasn't really gonna get anywhere if I was the only one who knew about my youtube channel, so there's that.

Real Phukin G's

Mar 2, 2016
Ya Momma's House
YouTube
Honestly It depends on you in other words the person, some people do and some don't. For me I'm just the kind of dude that when I'm thinking about or I am doing something I just do it, I don't feel the need to tell others if that makes sense?