Not open for further replies.

Kystrx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2014
United States
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I was just randomly scrolling through my videos, and I saw that one of my very first videos has a copyright claim against it. The song I used has a fair use policy, so I should be good there. The claimant was from
  • [Merlin] CDLTD

If anyone knows anything about this, could you please help? I looked it up and all I could find is that this is a fake claimant that goes around doing this to people.

Kystrx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2014
United States
www.youtube.com
YouTube
@TwilightPrinze Do you think anyone can put claims? Not really. CDLTD is a label under Merlin network.
@Kystrx If you want to email the CEO Sam Casucci of CDLTD to remove your claim (if it is false claim). So can I give you it by email.

My email: [email protected]

No i don't work for CDLTD. I only had issues with them. That is why I know the CEO's name + email.

Do I still have to email the CEO if it gives me the option of disputing it through YouTube?

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
@TwilightPrinze Do you think anyone can put claims? Not really. CDLTD is a label under Merlin network.
@Kystrx If you want to email the CEO Sam Casucci of CDLTD to remove your claim (if it is false claim). So can I give you it by email.

My email: [email protected]

No i don't work for CDLTD. I only had issues with them. That is why I know the CEO's name + email.
I have encountered problems before with Merlin where he placed a claim on my Evil Within gameplay video wich was false. Besides that i also recieved a claim by them on a Cod vid wich i disputed both and got released within an hour. Now this happened more then 6 months ago but the fact remains that these were false claims.[DOUBLEPOST=1453504010][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's my first draw my thing video. It's the outro song I used because when I uploaded it, freedom had music to use for free. Like 3 months later, they got rid of the "old" music so you couldn't get it for free or Uncopyrighted or whatever you want to call it lol. I currently have the video on unlisted just in case since it wasn't one of my better videos anyway

Oh and thanks Twighlight! What'd you say in your dispute?
I disputed it with that i am allowed to use the content for personal use wich is also the case as most gaming companies alow you to use their gameplay for own use.

Upvote 0

Kystrx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2014
United States
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I have encountered problems before with Merlin where he placed a claim on my Evil Within gameplay video wich was false. Besides that i also recieved a claim by them on a Cod vid wich i disputed both and got released within an hour. Now this happened more then 6 months ago but the fact remains that these were false claims.[DOUBLEPOST=1453504010][/DOUBLEPOST]
I disputed it with that i am allowed to use the content for personal use wich is also the case as most gaming companies alow you to use their gameplay for own use.

What would I say if it is my outro song they claimed to be copyrighted? It was a song that used to be apart of freedom's music choices but isn't anymore.

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
What would I say if it is my outro song they claimed to be copyrighted? It was a song that used to be apart of freedom's music choices but isn't anymore.
If you have permission or the rights to use the music same as what i did. That it is your content and are allowed to use it for personal end.

Upvote 0
B

Bat Espada

I had that same thing happen to me too on 2 of my videos and I uses the same song. i tried to get help from support and they tried their best and i did dispute the videos but they got rejected. that was last week. support saw the videos has the right things on them that gives me permission to use it in my videos. i got the music from the freedom dashboard from when it was built in the dashboard at one point before there was the other things for music now.

Upvote 0

Kystrx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2014
United States
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I had that same thing happen to me too on 2 of my videos and I uses the same song. i tried to get help from support and they tried their best and i did dispute the videos but they got rejected. that was last week. support saw the videos has the right things on them that gives me permission to use it in my videos. i got the music from the freedom dashboard from when it was built in the dashboard at one point before there was the other things for music now.

So did it end up working out?

Upvote 0
B

Bat Espada

Yeah I don't think I'm going to mess around with it. It's only on one of my videos, and I can still have it publicized, I just can't make money off of the video which is perfectly fine.
i'm not going to dispute it again cus i'm not going to risk my channel messing up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.