What Console Would You Recommend And Why?

I want to do this to try and make an interesting video soon. It's more of a "social experiment", I just want to see what different communities would say if I were someone who would want to get into gaming. So I'm asking you guys, the Freedom Family to help me out here. Let me give you the scenario:

I am new to gaming but I've heard quite a bit of thing that surround gaming. I've heard that games can have great graphics, amazing story lines and help connect or bond communities together. But I'm not sure what the best platform is best to start on. I want cheap easy gaming, no hassle and easy to set up.

But I also what great gaming performance and good longevity on the chosen platform. Price might be an issue but nothing will be stopping me from saving money to maybe switch platform later on down the line.

END

I hope you have the time and consider participating in this little "social experiment (I mean this in the best way possible)" I'm planning, and for those worried about me attempting to slandering their platform, that's not the point of this video, I just want to see what different communities and individuals feel about getting someone into gaming.

Thank you for your time :3

Rapid Fury

Respected User
Feb 14, 2016
YouTube
I would recommend PS2 the best selling console ever made but for modern times I would recommend the PS4. I will also check out your channel and if you could go and check y channel out that would be awesome but only sub if you like my content.

AstoraFPS

Freedom! Member
I would recommend PS2 the best selling console ever made but for modern times I would recommend the PS4. I will also check out your channel and if you could go and check y channel out that would be awesome but only sub if you like my content.
I would absolutely agree, the PS2 was probably the most well rounded and refined gaming experience I have had on the console side of gaming!

Star The Artoonist

Rising User
Dec 13, 2016
YouTube
StarAdvice_
I would say PLAYSTATION 3 because there are games released on ps4 and a few of them are still coming to the PS3. That way If you wanted to buy a brand new released game to see the newest visuals etc... You would still have the chance to do so before they stop releasing games on that platform COMPLETELY....Now if money is a huuuge problem, then yeah go with a ps2 or I would even recommend a handheld console like a playstation vita or a nintendo DS. Sorry I went off topic there but I say PLAYSTATION 3.

thefishstick

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 19, 2016
Bozeman, MT
YouTube
rabidfishstick
I want to do this to try and make an interesting video soon. It's more of a "social experiment", I just want to see what different communities would say if I were someone who would want to get into gaming. So I'm asking you guys, the Freedom Family to help me out here. Let me give you the scenario:

I am new to gaming but I've heard quite a bit of thing that surround gaming. I've heard that games can have great graphics, amazing story lines and help connect or bond communities together. But I'm not sure what the best platform is best to start on. I want cheap easy gaming, no hassle and easy to set up.

But I also what great gaming performance and good longevity on the chosen platform. Price might be an issue but nothing will be stopping me from saving money to maybe switch platform later on down the line.

END

I hope you have the time and consider participating in this little "social experiment (I mean this in the best way possible)" I'm planning, and for those worried about me attempting to slandering their platform, that's not the point of this video, I just want to see what different communities and individuals feel about getting someone into gaming.

Thank you for your time :3

PSVR because it has VR and VR is awesome :D

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
When making a choice for a console there are the basic things you need to look at being what type of controller do you prefer, Sony, Microsoft of Nintendo.

If i take myself for example i would go for Sony and Microsoft due to controller style and the systems being more for Hardcore gamers. Now that we had that step next up is exclusives.

Sony has Killzone, God of War, Final Fantasy (Certain ones), Uncharted, ect.
Microsoft has Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo, ect.

Both a good line-up so now for genres, it seems Sony has a wide range of JRPG's wich is something i love and the controller is nice.

In this case i have chosen for the PS4 due to the controller and the fact Final Fantasy XIV (MMO) is Pc and Sony exclusive. Besides that i love the Killzone and God of War series.

PerksPrisoner

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2016
YouTube
Hopefully I am not necro commenting, But if I had to select a console I would recommend the Xbox 360 even though I haven't a Xbox One and since have moved to a PS4. Here is why: Mainly I would recommend it because out of all the consoles I have owned a Nintendo, Super NES, Xbox, Playstation, Playstation 2, Xbox 360 and the PS4 it was the only one that was repairable if you had problems with red ring of death, overheating, destroyed components. The 360 you could swap out the CD Drive as long as you knew what you were doing and remove the case to allow for cleaning. It is also the only console (that I have taken apart anyway) that also doesn't flip out when you try to leave the case off. You can build a custom case made entirely out of wood and if you so wish you can extend the cables and make it unique. The other system tend to have a ground post that relies on the resistance of the case or it reads an error. I would recommend that over most. Additionally, if you were to use a capture card it becomes a pain as you need additionally adapters for the HDMI video/sound transmission but it is all possible and believe it is the most versatile of all systems.

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
I've been in the gaming buy/sell/trade world for several years now and anything is possible if you know how to wheel and deal with video games. I started out with one game for the Gamecube that an ex boyfriend left at my house, lol. I didn't even own the console to play it, so I stuck it on Amazon to get rid of it. Used the money from it to buy a huge bundle of games from ebay to resell on Amazon. I sold games on Amazon for about 6 months until I was able to afford my own 360. At that time, I was also trading games in person (locally) and online with a website made for trading. Sadly that site is no longer online but there are a couple similar sites out -- GameTZ and 99Gamers.

As for which console to start with? Try one that interests you. Not every console is for everyone. There's not very many youtubers who play the first or second gen consoles. But that may be because you would have to get an adapter in order to record them (I highly recommend any of the Elgato devices and avoid the Roxio ones). In the end you would be spending just as much on the console and the adapter as a new console. BUT getting that adapter will be worth it as you will find it will make recording gameplay so much easier. In fact, I don't think there's any other option out there to do just that.

Best of luck!

Hopefully I am not necro commenting, But if I had to select a console I would recommend the Xbox 360 even though I haven't a Xbox One and since have moved to a PS4. Here is why: Mainly I would recommend it because out of all the consoles I have owned a Nintendo, Super NES, Xbox, Playstation, Playstation 2, Xbox 360 and the PS4 it was the only one that was repairable if you had problems with red ring of death, overheating, destroyed components. The 360 you could swap out the CD Drive as long as you knew what you were doing and remove the case to allow for cleaning. It is also the only console (that I have taken apart anyway) that also doesn't flip out when you try to leave the case off. You can build a custom case made entirely out of wood and if you so wish you can extend the cables and make it unique. The other system tend to have a ground post that relies on the resistance of the case or it reads an error. I would recommend that over most. Additionally, if you were to use a capture card it becomes a pain as you need additionally adapters for the HDMI video/sound transmission but it is all possible and believe it is the most versatile of all systems.

Damn, you got into a lot of detail with that. The video is already up on my channel, but with more replys the more videos I can do, looking at the different aspects of is aswell.[DOUBLEPOST=1482884099][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've been in the gaming buy/sell/trade world for several years now and anything is possible if you know how to wheel and deal with video games. I started out with one game for the Gamecube that an ex boyfriend left at my house, lol. I didn't even own the console to play it, so I stuck it on Amazon to get rid of it. Used the money from it to buy a huge bundle of games from ebay to resell on Amazon. I sold games on Amazon for about 6 months until I was able to afford my own 360. At that time, I was also trading games in person (locally) and online with a website made for trading. Sadly that site is no longer online but there are a couple similar sites out -- GameTZ and 99Gamers.

As for which console to start with? Try one that interests you. Not every console is for everyone. There's not very many youtubers who play the first or second gen consoles. But that may be because you would have to get an adapter in order to record them (I highly recommend any of the Elgato devices and avoid the Roxio ones). In the end you would be spending just as much on the console and the adapter as a new console. BUT getting that adapter will be worth it as you will find it will make recording gameplay so much easier. In fact, I don't think there's any other option out there to do just that.

Best of luck!

That's really interesting, I can't wait to feature this in a video. I love to know more about what kept you playing games and what games you had on your ex's Gamecube, I used to love going to a friends house and playing games with him on his :3

Thank you so much for commenting, I hope you have the time to read this and maybe reply.

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
Damn, you got into a lot of detail with that. The video is already up on my channel, but with more replys the more videos I can do, looking at the different aspects of is aswell.[DOUBLEPOST=1482884099][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's really interesting, I can't wait to feature this in a video. I love to know more about what kept you playing games and what games you had on your ex's Gamecube, I used to love going to a friends house and playing games with him on his :3

Thank you so much for commenting, I hope you have the time to read this and maybe reply.

lol, He collected systems and I have grown up playing on Nintendo systems, so I wasn't too unfamiliar with them. We ended on good terms and he just didn't care much for the game anyway. I keep playing games becuase it keeps me sane, lol. It's a rather good way for me to destress.

Matthew NPC

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 24, 2016
YouTube
NPCMatthew
If there is a game that I'm interested then I'm playing it no matter what console it's on so I don't care for console preferences. This has been a great year for gamers in my opinion and it's only going to get better next year with games like Kingdom Hearts 2.8, NieR: Automata, and Gravity Rush 2 to just name a few. To this day I still own a Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, and X-Box 360 because they all have their own exclusives that I'm interested in so at the end of the day it all boils down to what you enjoy.

On the terms of more modern stuff I own a PS4 and a PS Vita which some will say is dead but I believe still going strong and has a potential for a much bigger market. I never owned an X-Box One but after playing some games on it at a friends place I'm might consider getting one someday. Honestly I can't give a concrete recommendation on a console to anyone but all that I can say is to just have a good time and there is enjoyment in all consoles depending on your taste.

lol, He collected systems and I have grown up playing on Nintendo systems, so I wasn't too unfamiliar with them. We ended on good terms and he just didn't care much for the game anyway. I keep playing games becuase it keeps me sane, lol. It's a rather good way for me to destress.

That's pretty interesting, I started gaming when I was a child on my old S-NES and soon after got a ps2. I miss the Ps2 so much though ;-;

But yeah, the next video I do covering these topics I'll defiantly cover your response :3

Reactions: Matthew NPC

Seth KB

New User
Jan 2, 2017
YouTube
I would recommend the Xbox one because well my reason is pretty personal. Its because all my friends have and play xboxes.