What's The Game That You Think Has The Best Ending? (No Spoilers Please)

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
If anyone here is familiar with the time chamber in dragon ball z, that's what I need. I need to go in there and beat every game I have on my list and then come out and be caught up finally :)

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
As we always say at GWPH...

Too may games, not enough time...

XD
Yeah I once heard someone say something like well it's best to have things on the back log than to have nothing to look forward to. I guess that is good at least. I probably will have a game to play if I ever feel like it until the end of my life :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryunaito

TSpr0tege

Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2014
YouTube
I've never played that one but I'm a big fan of Silent Hill 1-3 and Homecoming.
If I'm honest, I don't think it really compares at all. In fact, it's largely a disappointment for most Silent Hill fans. Honestly, I only played through it because I was renting and it's sort of a pride thing with me. Got bored half-way through, but the ending did almost redeem it for me. It was a twist on part with movies like The Illusionist. Writing was good. Game.... was repetitive.

TSpr0tege

Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2014
YouTube
I would say for me it's Final Fantasy VIII. The first time I saw it I was about 13 and it completely blew my mind. From that point forward it would remain my favorite game ever.
I HAVE to ask you about this. I don't often hear FFVIII as a favorite for people. Mine either, though I did quite like it, and even appreciated the protagonist enough to adopt his name as my own. ...legally. So! What did you like about the ending so much?

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I HAVE to ask you about this. I don't often hear FFVIII as a favorite for people. Mine either, though I did quite like it, and even appreciated the protagonist enough to adopt his name as my own. ...legally. So! What did you like about the ending so much?
Well since you asked, this is gonna be long :) Yeah I first played it pretty much back when it came out or like a year after around 98-99 and I was 13-14 at the time. It was also one of the first playstation games I ever played. Yeah ever since the game came out it has been seen as sort of the black sheep of the ps1 final fantasies but back then it was even worse, people really hated it and thought it was a big change and not in a good way from 7. I can understand why people felt that way since it was so different. I guess I never experienced that since actually I pretty much learned about 7 and 8's existence at the same time and was actually beating both of them at the same time as well switching to one when I would get tired of playing one for the day or whatever. Even so though if I had fell in love with 7 or any of the ones before I still believe that I would prefer 8 in the end due to the fact that I really appreciate realism. If there is one thing that stands out to me about 8 is the much more realistic setting and graphical style of that world in comparison to the final fantasies before it. I also love the occult and surreal atmosphere of the entire game. It's almost existential in it's presentation and mood. It's a bit of a dark game but I suppose I appreciate that and take it as honest because I consider the world quite dark as well even though I'm a very positive and optimistic person I know the truth that the world is a hard place so when I see that in art, it gets my attention. I also love the soundtrack and it represents all of these themes as well. The center of the game is in a lot of ways the love story between Squall and Rinoa without getting too deep into it out of fear of spoilers and I just thought that it was beautifully and realistically told. At the time being a young teen that hoped he would find a true love I guess this spoke to me honestly. I mention all of these things because as you know or anybody else that has beaten the game, the ending has to do with all of these themes and it's simply mind blowing especially back then when cg cut scenes were seen as something legendary and a true treasure. There was nothing like what we have today where you can just jump on YouTube and see the ending to anything without even playing a second of a game. It was a true reward to witness that really long and epic finale to a legendary story especially considering the game was really hard. The funny thing is in a way I've never actually beat it. I got stuck on Adel and could never beat her so instead I beat the game for the first time on a friends file since his characters were really powered up. I suppose that was my version of seeing the ending on Youtube :) I could beat it now if I really tried since I understand the gaming mechanics way better now but I just see not point in going through it again since I have multiple times in different ways anyway. As a side note I would like to say that I really do understand the mixed feelings for 8 especially because when 9 first came out I was disgusted honestly and quit on the game after a few hours. I experienced the reverse of what the people that hated 8 experienced I believe. They loved 7's cooky and anime type style and then 8 came along and was much more serious and realistic and people were turned off. Well for me coming from those two and then seeing things like hippo and other animal type people in 9 and things like that just really turned me off at first. I knew before the game came out that it was supposed to be a throwback to the classic final fantasies but still it was just too much I felt. However I came back to the game some months later and I ended up loving it and beat it all the way through. To this day I still love it but still my favorite is 8 without a doubt. Though later I would end up beating some of the older ones and I will say that 6 is a close second.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
If I'm honest, I don't think it really compares at all. In fact, it's largely a disappointment for most Silent Hill fans. Honestly, I only played through it because I was renting and it's sort of a pride thing with me. Got bored half-way through, but the ending did almost redeem it for me. It was a twist on part with movies like The Illusionist. Writing was good. Game.... was repetitive.
Yeah I pretty much figured it couldn't top those. I mean Silent 1-3 are some of the best games ever made in my opinion. I also really liked the illusionist by the way and that ending was crazy.